Looks like 2016 is already shaping up to be major for Jaden Smith.
The young trendsetter is the new face of Louis Vuitton‘s Spring/Summer 2016 ad campaign. The first photos were revealed on Instagram by Nicolas Ghesquiere, the fashion house’s creative director, and they feature Jaden in an embellished skirt and fringed top.
It’s no secret that this 17-year-old isn’t afraid to push a fashion boundary, or two (or three), and this isn’t the first time he’s been photographed in womenswear. No wonder he perfectly holds his own alongside female co-stars in the pictures, which were shot by legendary photographer Bruce Weber.
While the ad campaign has been quite the conversation starter on social media, Willow Smith has chimed in to lend support to her brother. In a post on Instagram, she wrote: Males and females are put into boxes of expectation when we are born. As we grow we start to realize the damages that those expectations cause to our spiritual and emotional understanding of ourselves and life. The more we start to realize that we are all the same and infinitely different at the same time, the more we begin to shed those expectations and live free to continue to uplift the essence of Earth.
We’re all for breaking gender norms, and Jaden appears to be the perfect man for the job.
SOURCE: Huffington Post | PHOTO CREDIT: Instagram
40 Pictures Of Jaden Smith Doing Things
40 photos Launch gallery
1. Jaden Smith hugging Kylie Jenner because she used to be his bae.
1 of 40
2. Jaden Smith playing patty cake with Jackie Chan.
2 of 40
3. Jaden Smith sitting on a bush.
3 of 40
4. Jaden Smith stretching out his hamstring.
4 of 40
5. Jaden Smith on his iPhone 6Plus. That's a big ass 6Plus, right?
5 of 40
6. Jaden Smith really enthused about being with the rest of his family.
6 of 40
7. Jaden Smith in a karate pose. Hy-Ya.
7 of 40
8. Jaden Smith sliding in your girl's DMs.
8 of 40
9. Jaden Smith geeking out about riding on a golf cart.
9 of 40
10. Jaden Smith checking his super important voice messages.
10 of 40
11. Jaden Smith promoting Black Power.
11 of 40
12. Jaden Smith being star struck by T.I. while hugging Jay Z.
12 of 40
13. Jaden Smith crying on Drake's shirt because he was so taken aback by the rapper's MTV performance.
13 of 40
14. Jaden Smith learning how to box from his father.
14 of 40
15. Jaden Smith in his b-boy stance.
15 of 40
16. Jaden Smith throwing a ton of invisible flames at all of us.
16 of 40
17. Jaden Smith trying to bend it like Beckham.
17 of 40
18. Jaden Smith leaving AJ hanging on the red carpet.
18 of 40
19. Jaden Smith imitating a Mexican jumping bean.
19 of 40
20. Jaden Smith standing on a Russian spaceship's wing.
20 of 40
21. Jaden Smith on an escalator pointing down at a puddle of poodle tears.
21 of 40
22. Jaden Smith chucking the deuces.
22 of 40
23. Jaden Smith making Kendall Jenner almost shoot milk out her nose from laughing so hard.
23 of 40
24. Jaden Smith running top speed for no apparent reason.
24 of 40
25. Jaden Smith putting a necklace on his bae.
25 of 40
26. Jaden Smith running down a grassy hill in a see-through mesh shirt.
26 of 40
27. Jaden Smith riding a scooter suitcase.
27 of 40
28. Jaden Smith riding shotgun with skinny-lipped Kylie Jenner.
28 of 40
29. Jaden Smith dressed up as Iron Man while on a date with the old Kylie Jenner.
29 of 40
30. Jaden Smith playing ring around the rosie, but the rosie is Kylie Jenner.
30 of 40
31. Jaden Smith being totally mesmerized by the size of Jay Z's lips.
31 of 40
32. Jaden Smith spitting hot bars with his sister Willow.
32 of 40
33. Jaden Smith doing duck lips.
33 of 40
34. Jaden Smith with his woes.
34 of 40
35. Jaden Smith signing his name on a picture of himself.
35 of 40
36. Jaden Smith making a bunch of kids' days by taking selfies with someone else's phone.
36 of 40
37. Jaden Smith really charged up to take a picture with a young fan.
37 of 40
38. Jaden Smith sticking out his tongue saying, "Nanna Nanna Nanna, I'm with Hannibal Buress and Justin Bieber."
38 of 40
39. Jaden Smith walking around dressed as Iron Man.
39 of 40
40. Jaden Smith being a wild boy.
40 of 40