Kobe Bryant’s way of motivating his teammates has always been to push…and slightly infuriate them.
And Kobe’s latest muse is Jordan Clarkson, who threw down a monstrous dunk during the Lakers’ win over the Suns Sunday.
Nick Young, formerly known as Swaggy P, pretended he needed CPR because the dunk was so powerful.
After the game, Clarkson was asked what he remembered about the poster-worthy play, and recalled some advice the soon-to-retire NBA legend gave him in regards to being more aggressive in the paint.
“All I remember is Kob telling me that I’ve been going to the hole like a light-skin dude,” he said. “I got to start going like a dark-skin. So, when I seen the lane open up, that’s all I remembered.”
To clarify, John Ireland of Time Warner Cable asked him “You went to the hole like a dark-skin dude?” And Clarkson simply responded, “Yeah.”
With the Lakers getting off to such a rocky start this season, Clarkson’s moves were monumental. But what do you think about Kobe’s advice?
SOURCE: Complex, Twitter | VIDEO SOURCE: Twitter
23 Throwback Photos Of The 2015 NBA Finals Players
14 photos Launch gallery
1. Klay Thompson kicking back with his mom.
1 of 14
2. Iman Shumpert chillin' with his four brothers.
2 of 14
3. Anderson Varejao back in the day.
3 of 14
4. J.R. Smith rocking a fresh cut.
4 of 14
5. Matthew Dellavedova hitting the court as a young baller.
5 of 14
6. Kevin Love back in 2007 at the ESPY Awards.
6 of 14
7. Brendan Haywood playing for North Carolina.
7 of 14
8. Marreese Speights playing college ball.
8 of 14
9. James Michael McAdoo and his big sis.
9 of 14
10. David Lee having a good time on the court in his college days.
10 of 14
11. Justin Holiday after a tournament back in the day.
11 of 14
12. Festus Ezeli back home in Nigeria.
12 of 14
13. Andrew Bogut gets into the game during his NCAA days.
13 of 14
14. Harrison Barnes celebrates his little sis on National Sibling Day.
14 of 14