Police have arrested and charged an Ohio couple with child endangerment after an officer found their sobbing two-year-old son home alone and stuck in a toilet in their apartment, reports Fox 2 NOW.
The child’s mother, Justice Chance, 20, and the boy’s father, Rashaan Cuffee, 20, both of Canton, Ohio, were each charged Thursday with child endangerment and marijuana cultivation.
Police were called to an apartment on Kingston Drive Southeast in Canton on Thursday after neighbors reported hearing a child crying for more than 30 minutes, according to WJW [TV].
A maintenance worker building complex allowed police inside the apartment where they found the 20-month-old boy stuck in a toilet. The child was home alone at the time, according to police. Officers freed the boy from the toilet and notified Child Protective Services.
Officers also located three marijuana plants inside the home.
Chance, who returned home with shopping bags two hours after the child was found, claims that she left him with her sister, the report says. He is now in temporary protective custody.
SOURCE: FOX 2 NOW | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
21 Of President Barack Obama's Best Photos Of 2015
1. JANUARY: President Obama delivers the State of the Union address with the support of vice president Joe Biden. Obama gained mass support after his joke about winning both terms.Source:Getty 1 of 10
2. APRIL: President Obama arrives in Jamaica to meet with the 15-member Caribbean Community. His trip marked a first for the sitting president and second since the country's independence.Source:Getty 2 of 10
3. JUNE: President Obama and German Chancellor Angela Merkel are seen talking during the president's trip to the G7Summit in Bavaria, Germany.Source:Getty 3 of 10
4. JUNE: President Obama sings "Amazing Grace" during the eulogy for South Carolina state senator and Rev. Clementa Pinckney during Pinckney's funeral service. Clementa was one of the nine victims who died after suspected shooter Dylann Roof entered the AME church and opened fire.Source:Getty 4 of 10
5. SEPTEMBER: President Obama is featured on the popular show "Running Wild With Bear Grylls." Obama took the trip to highlight the importance of climate control.Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. SEPTEMBER: The First Couple serve as "love goals" at the White House's state dinner for Chinese President Xi Jinping and his wife Madame Peng Liyuan. Obama and Xi announced an agreement on controlling climate change and a mutual outlook on cyber security.Source:Getty 6 of 10
7. OCTOBER: President Obama meets with Ahmed Mohamed, the student who was detained by Texas police for his homemade clock. The president stood by the teen, who many believe was the victim of Islamophobia.Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. NOVEMBER: President Obama issues a warning to his critics who "pop off" at his policies towards Syrian refugees. Speaking at the OP 21 United Nations conference on climate change, Obama welcomed his Republican critics to the White House to lay down their own policies. No one has responded.Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. DECEMBER: President Obama addresses the public from the Oval Office regarding the San Bernardino shooting.Source:Getty 9 of 10
10. DECEMBER: All grown up! The First Family, including Obama's mother-in-law Marian Robinson, is seen at the White House's national Christmas tree lighting ceremony on Dec. 2.Source:Getty 10 of 10
Ohio Parents Arrested After Cops Find Toddler Alone, Stuck In Toilet was originally published on newsone.com