A mother of two was fatally shot by a man she rejected at a local Pittsburgh bar.
According to WTAE, Janese Talton-Jackson, 29, was shot early Friday morning after she declined to speak to 41-year-old Charles McKinney inside a Homewood neighborhood establishment.
Talton-Jackson was leaving Cliff’s Bar when she first encountered McKinney. The mother and college student refused to take the man’s number before leaving. He then followed her outside and shot her in the chest.
She was pronounced dead at the scene at 2:05 a.m.
Police told reporters they heard gunfire around 1:50 a.m, but encountered McKinney shortly after during a routine traffic stop. “Police were talking with McKinney when they received a dispatch that a woman had been shot in the area. According to police, McKinney sped off when he heard this,” the site reports. He crashed into an unoccupied parked vehicle shortly thereafter. Two police officers discharged their weapons during the chase.
McKinney was treated for a gunshot wound and charged with homicide, two counts of aggravated assault, firearms without a license, fleeing or attempting to elude police, two counts of possession with intent to deliver, two counts of recklessly endangering another person, and reckless driving.
Assistant Police Chief Thomas Stangrecki announced an internal investigation.
SOURCE: WTAE | PHOTO CREDIT: Facebook, Getty
21 Of President Barack Obama's Best Photos Of 2015
1. JANUARY: President Obama delivers the State of the Union address with the support of vice president Joe Biden. Obama gained mass support after his joke about winning both terms.Source:Getty 1 of 10
2. APRIL: President Obama arrives in Jamaica to meet with the 15-member Caribbean Community. His trip marked a first for the sitting president and second since the country's independence.Source:Getty 2 of 10
3. JUNE: President Obama and German Chancellor Angela Merkel are seen talking during the president's trip to the G7Summit in Bavaria, Germany.Source:Getty 3 of 10
4. JUNE: President Obama sings "Amazing Grace" during the eulogy for South Carolina state senator and Rev. Clementa Pinckney during Pinckney's funeral service. Clementa was one of the nine victims who died after suspected shooter Dylann Roof entered the AME church and opened fire.Source:Getty 4 of 10
5. SEPTEMBER: President Obama is featured on the popular show "Running Wild With Bear Grylls." Obama took the trip to highlight the importance of climate control.Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. SEPTEMBER: The First Couple serve as "love goals" at the White House's state dinner for Chinese President Xi Jinping and his wife Madame Peng Liyuan. Obama and Xi announced an agreement on controlling climate change and a mutual outlook on cyber security.Source:Getty 6 of 10
7. OCTOBER: President Obama meets with Ahmed Mohamed, the student who was detained by Texas police for his homemade clock. The president stood by the teen, who many believe was the victim of Islamophobia.Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. NOVEMBER: President Obama issues a warning to his critics who "pop off" at his policies towards Syrian refugees. Speaking at the OP 21 United Nations conference on climate change, Obama welcomed his Republican critics to the White House to lay down their own policies. No one has responded.Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. DECEMBER: President Obama addresses the public from the Oval Office regarding the San Bernardino shooting.Source:Getty 9 of 10
10. DECEMBER: All grown up! The First Family, including Obama's mother-in-law Marian Robinson, is seen at the White House's national Christmas tree lighting ceremony on Dec. 2.Source:Getty 10 of 10
Mother Of Two Shot & Killed After Rejecting Gunman’s Advances was originally published on newsone.com