Another day, another reason to love Chance The Rapper.
The Chi-Town emcee is taking his talents to the fashion industry — sort of. Chance will honor former President Barack Obama and his family with his new #ThankUObama collection. The collection is described as a clothing line-meets-art project inspired by the former first family.
He took to Twitter last week to announce the dope line with a link to ThankUObama.Us, paired with photos of him wearing Barack Obama-inspired gear like a jersey with “America” emblazoned on it and a cool maroon tee that reads “Malia” with the tagline “We all smoke it’s ok.”
The project’s description reads, “With this project i wanted to timestamp a period in my life where i felt like i can do whatever i wanted to do and be whatever i wanted to be. The night Obama won his first term gave me so much hope, especially & most importantly as a black man. I decided to make a collection saying ‘thank you’ and give me something to smile at every now and then when i look in the closet.”
Who wouldn’t want to rock Obama X Chance The Rapper merch? Check out the full collection and prices here.
Chance the Rapper, Malia Obama And Kelly Rowland Rock Made In America
1. Chance Making It HappenSource:Getty 1 of 12
2. J and JordanSource:Getty 2 of 12
3. All LoveSource:Getty 3 of 12
4. Obama On The LowSource:Getty 4 of 12
5. All WhiteSource:Getty 5 of 12
6. Mr. ScottSource:Getty 6 of 12
7. Desiigner In The ZoneSource:Getty 7 of 12
8. Truly Made In AmericaSource:Getty 8 of 12
9. Pres. ClintonSource:Getty 9 of 12
10. Red For AmericaSource:Getty 10 of 12
11. Guitar LoveSource:Getty 11 of 12
12. Loving LanezSource:Getty 12 of 12