Nas is truly a king when it comes to the rap game, so if you’re an emcee, his opinion matters more than anything.
With that sentiment in mind, many thought the the Queens lyricist had something to do with Remy Ma‘s “shETHER” being pulled off the airwaves, since she rapped over his classic “Ether” beat. But sources close to the rapper told TMZ that Nas has no beef with Remy using his beat to diss Nicki Minajand it was Universal, which owns the song, that made the move after Remy jacked the beat, made it her own and sold it without its permission.
“Remy’s label may have dropped the ball by not getting the all clear. The track’s since been taken off SoundCloud and radio. Sources tell us Remy’s been told she can’t even perform the track,” TMZ reports. The label reportedly rushed to take “shETHER” down after it hit number two on iTunes and sources say the song might not be released again because she didn’t play on Universal’s terms.
As for Nas, he insists that he’ll never get involved in the smoldering rap battle. He had his own his 2001 beef with Jay Z — legendary!
1. You get dope-ass onstage pics straight from Nasty.
1 of 25
2. Like, really cool images of God's son at work.
2 of 25
3. Classic family throwbacks.
3 of 25
4. Vintage Nas and his pops.
4 of 25
5. Adorable moments with his daughter, Destiny.
5 of 25
6. And he stans for her: "It's so ILL to see @LipMatic launch. Scoop that up! Made for beautiful lips everywhere.... Created by my very own Princess Destiny. It's great to watch her plans unfold! #lipmatic"
6 of 25
7. Very rarely, he'll also show a pic of his son Knight.
7 of 25
8. Let's not forget the fact that he is related to Yara Shahidi from "Black-ish."
8 of 25
9. Up close and personal pics of his bling.
9 of 25
10. His jewelry game really is on point.
10 of 25
11. Vacation pics that'll make you envious.
11 of 25
12. Just views on views on views.
12 of 25
13. His shoe game is impeccable too.
13 of 25
14. Cool artwork that calls for unity: "Place your hand with mine."
14 of 25
15. And he also calls for justice. Caption: "I CANT BREATHE!!!"
15 of 25
16. His love for literature is also on point.
16 of 25
17. He lets us get a sneak peek of some in-studio shenanigans with Madonna.
17 of 25
18. There are some questionable fashion choices...
18 of 25
19. ...but we look past those because ... this!!!
19 of 25
20. Even when he's turnt, he looks super chill.
20 of 25
21. He has profound convos with collaborators and fellow legends such as Q-Tip.
21 of 25
22. And has hilarious chats with former nemesis Jay Z.
22 of 25
23. AND Henry Louis Gates. "Too Black, Too STRONG!!"
23 of 25
24. The time he was casually dropping some knowledge at Harvard.
24 of 25
25. Lastly, may we never forget the time he made this kid's entire day because he had the same haircut.
25 of 25
Continue reading Here’s How Nas Feels About Remy Ma’s ‘shETHER’
God's Son On Social Media: 25 Reasons You Should Follow Nas On Instagram