Not just anyone can survive in Miami. The city can and will eat you alive. Don’t be fooled by the glamorous lifestyle you see your favorite celebs living while there. Most of these people vacation there-few actually live it 24/7.
Males and females alike go down to the 305 and come out a ruined human being. The lifestyle is seriously tough to keep up with.
As the Jersey Shore cast heads south for their second season I figure it’s only right I offer my educated advice on how to survive and of course, how to make the best of their time there. It may be a draining city to live in but I think the cast has what it takes as long as they know what they’re getting themselves into…
1. If you’re going out to any type of happy hour, don’t try to make it out to the club that same night-it’s not going to happen, and if it does, it will only end in disaster. I guess this could make for good TV…
2. Tan nude on South Beach. Nude beaches are rare in America, they’re usually thought of as an exotic thing, but Miami is our own little exotic getaway. A lot of people will be tanning nude anyway so why not join in? I say take advantage of this opportunity.
3. Hit up Wet Willie’s on 8th & Ocean on Friday and Saturday afternoons. There’s no better way to get your weekend started than hanging out on the rooftop patio overlooking the beach with a frozen drink in hand. Go for the Call-a-Cab, it’ll get you feeling just right.
4. Go to Liv nightclub at the Fontaine Bleau hotel on Wednesday and Friday nights. What better way to get your fist pump going than at Miami’s hottest club? Wednesday and Friday are their house music nights.
5. Get dinner at Prime 112. You can’t go to Miami and not eat in style. Like the Kardashians and every other celeb that comes to town, Prime 112 is a staple in the Miami lifestyle and it offers a perfect photo op for the paparazzi while taking your celebrity to that next level.
6. Go shopping on Lincoln Road. Located right where South Beach turns into Miami Beach, this outdoor mall has a ton of trendy restaurants, unbelievable shopping, bars and nightclubs. The crowd is something you need to experience.
7. Go to a University of Miami football game. If you want to be a real Miami-ite, this is a must. The Hurricanes rep Miami more than the Dolphins, so this needs to be a top priority.