As one of the most controversial rappers in hip hop history, DMX has really had it tough.
In the last 5 years he has been in and out of jail, and been in news headline after news headline.
He’s had a lot of making up to do with his family members in the last couple of years, including with his wife and children, and now Iyanla is putting him to the test.
Last night, the DMX episode aired of Iyanla’s “Fix My Life”, and it was one of the most stirring and emotional episodes she will probably ever do.
From crying over his mother and the love he has for multiple women in his life, to cursing Iyanla out, it’s an unmissable episode.
You know who how you know the episode was really real? Hours before it aired, DMX gave an exclusive statement to AllHipHop denouncing the show.
Through his representative Domenick Nati of Nati Celebrity Services, here’s what he said:
“DMX agreed to be a guest on ‘Iyanla: Fix My Life’ with the understanding that she would be helping his relationships with his 10 children,” the statement says. “When he arrived for the taping, most of the content was focused on his struggles with drugs and poor parenting. Iyanla did not ‘fix’ DMX’s life just made his image worse, and does not have DMX’s personal written consent to use the footage.“
Well we captured some of the top 10 most memorable moments from the episode that you shouldn’t have missed, so check out our list below!
1. He cries while talking with Iyanla about his mother and how it’s hard to love just one woman.
2. His reaction when Iyanla asks boldly if he’s high during the interview.
3. Iyanla tells him that his friends and family might be waiting for the call any day that he’s dead.
4. He tells her to “shut the f*ck up” while having a discussion with his first son Xavier.
5. He admits to smoking crack.
6. His wife says they haven’t spoken in months, despite being together for 24 years.
7. His son has been afraid to tell him how he feels for fear of the backlash. He also admits that they have “no relationship” as of today.
8. Despite the bad treatment, Xavier admits that he can forgive DMX as a father.
9. DMX and his son Xavier reunite for the first time after not having seen each other in a year and a half.
10. DMX walks out on Iyanla after claiming she keeps “running her mouth”.
Want more?! Check out clips from the episode below!
DMX and his son reunite after not speaking or seeing eachother for over a year:
Iyanla asks the Ruff Ryder if he has a drug problem: