Happy Birthday to an amazing talent. A mastermind of words, a true poet. Biggie’s music got into your soul and introduced an entire generation to feel good rap. I will never forget the first time I heard Biggie rhyme. It was music to my ears.
Here are 12 significant facts about the legend himself.
1. Christopher George Latore Wallace was born in Brooklyn in 1972.
2. His father, George Latore, was a Jamaican politician, he left when Christopher was just a toddler.
3. His mother Voletta Wallace was a teacher at the local pre-school.
4. In order to get some extra cash, Christopher started selling drugs at age 12.
5. Notorious was around 16 years old when he stopped attending Catholic Bishop Loughlin Memorial High School.
6. He met Busta Rhymes and Jay-Z at George Westinghouse Career and Technical Education High School.
7. Notorious recorded a demo under the name Biggie Smalls, later DJ Mister Cee discovered it.
8. In 1992, Sean Combs signed Biggie to Bad Boy.
9. In 1993, Notorious became a father: his longtime girlfriend gave birth to a girl, T’yanna.
10. In 1994, Biggie Smalls released his debut studio album, entitled Ready to Die.
11. On March 9, 1997, Notorious B.I.G. was assassinated at the corner of Wilshire and Fairfax in Los Angeles, California. Two weeks after his murder, Biggie’s album Life After Death was released.
12. Recording Industries Association of America gave the album a Certified Diamond stamp.
Final Fact.. Biggie Smalls will live FOREVER.
FINAL FACT.. HE IS LEGEND!!
Voletta Wallace with Christopher Wallace Jr. and T’yanna
The LifeStyleHer Files are bi-weekly lifestyle posts produced and curated by Mashonda Tifrere exclusively for GlobalGrind.com. The LifeStyleHer will focus on all things women, aiming to enrich the womanly mind, body and soul. @MashondaLoyal @TheLifeStyleHer