In February, Taylor debuted the “Original Harlem Good Luck Charm,” her first collaborative sneaker with Adidas. The run proved to be quite the success, resulting in fans running to stores to buy the gold-and-black high-tops.
However, last week, many started to speculate that the G.O.O.D Music First Lady had been dropped from Adidas, after the second installment of her “Harlem GLC” sneaker was not released as planned. Immediately, her reps denied the rumors.
But the script was flipped today, when it was officially confirmed that Taylor has indeed lost her endorsement deal. A rep for Adidas released the following statement:
We have ended our relationship with Teyana Taylor and do not have any upcoming product launches with her.
When asked if the severed relationship was prompted by her intense Twitter beef with Rihanna and the Change.Org petition that had been circulating all over the web, Adidas responded:
All I can say is that Adidas partners with athletes and artists who blend well with our brand values. We evaluate our relationships with partners based on the values we hold at Adidas and we don’t condone violence of any kind.
1. 1. Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey were rumored to be clashing on the first day of judging on American Idol, but Mariah denied any tension during a recent press conference.
1 of 9
2. 2. Monica and Brandy were set up to be in an R&B beef with each other back in the '90s when they were both coming up, but they united on a track proving it was all talk.
2 of 9
3. 3. Beyonce was allegedly giving Kim Kardashian the cold shoulder since she started dating Kanye West, but it turns out she really doesn't have a problem with Kimmy!
3 of 9
4. 4. After Jay-Z gave Rita Ora a track that was supposed to be for Rihanna, rumors swirled that the two were beefing. Turns out they love each other as Roc Nation sisters!
4 of 9
5. 5. Ne-Yo recently made a slick comment or two about Trey's singing abilities in an interview, and even though Trey wasn't too happy, the two haven't been in an official feud over it.
5 of 9
6. 6. Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey have been constantly compared throughout their careers, with fans going at each other, but the two really loved each other deeply.
6 of 9
7. 7. Even though Lil' Wayne's baby mothers Nivea and Lauren London got knocked up and had his children around the same time, the two seem to get along just fine!
7 of 9
8. 8. Kristen Stewart and Jennifer Lawrence were rumored to be in a feud since their movies 'Twilight' and 'Hunger Games' had fans going at each other, but the two recently met and were geeked by each other! || Photo credit: Stargasm.com
8 of 9
9. 9. Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan were rumored to be beefing back in 2006, but they actually are just really close friends that had a misunderstanding.
9 of 9
Continue reading It’s Official: Teyana Taylor Loses Adidas Deal Over Rihanna Twitter Beef (DETAILS)