SXSW is in for a surprise: Mother Monster is joining the festival as a headliner. But there’s only one way to get in: a Bold Mission.
Lady Gaga is headlining a show at Stubb’s in Austin on March 13th as part of the epic festival. Stubb’s holds about 2,200 people, making it one of the bigger venues at SXSW, which will give Little Monsters the first opportunity to see Gaga perform tracks off her latest album, Artpop, while barbecuing and lighting up on Texas soil.
“I’ll be performing for the first time at SXSW on the Doritos Bold Stage at Stubbs! I’ve been wanting to perform my new album Artpop at a festival, and I can’t wait for the show. Outside stage, beer, barbecue and music lovers—it’s my favorite way to experience music, and I can’t wait to share it with the crowd.”
Gaga’s SXSW performance will benefit her Born This Way Foundation and there’s only one way fans can get in to see the show: the aforementioned Doritos Bold Missions. The Bold Missions include:
• #BoldBravery: Fans must share a picture or video that expresses their individuality through a bold action, using the hashtags #BoldBravery and #BoldStage. Fans must upload their best picture expressing their individuality through a bold action using the hashtags #BoldBravery and #BoldStage to Instagram, Twitter or Vine.
• #BoldLeap: Jump from a 30-foot-high platform and grab the dangling #BoldStage ticket.
• #BoldPerformer: Perform on the street using the instruments the Doritos brand provides and earn $10 from the crowd in 10 minutes or less.
• #BoldHaircut: Find the Doritos barber and get an electrifying haircut in front of a wild crowd. Don’t get shocked by your new look.
• #BoldSuitcase: Trade your suitcase and everything in it for a Doritos suitcase. Keep it for 48 hours and wear what’s inside to Lady Gaga’s show.
• #BoldRace: Skate one lap against Roller Derby pros and get the flag from the lead jammer, all while wearing an inflatable sumo wrestler suit.
According to E! Online, for the chance to have an all-expenses paid trip to Austin, fans can complete #BoldBravery, the first bold mission issued by Lady Gaga. Gaga and Doritos will pick their favorite entry and award that person the winning trip. All other missions can be completed on the ground in the days leading up to the big event. Doritos representatives will be on hand to witness the challenge and add your name to the list as soon as the mission is complete.
If you’re wondering if it’s really worth it, Gaga shared her own “bold” mission that she accomplished to see her favorite musical act live:
“The craziest bold thing I’ve ever done to see an artist live was when I went to see Iggy and The Stooges at an outdoor festival. My friend Lady Starlight and I ripped our shirts off and ran towards the stage topless during ‘1969.’ We laughed so hard I think we peed our jean shorts. We were feet away from Iggy [Pop]. I’ll never forget it.”
There’s no nudity required in any of the missions to see Gaga, but you are helping a good cause, promising yourself a great memory, an awesome show, and hopefully, a lot of Doritos. There’s nothing better than that.
Other SXSW artists include A$AP Mob, Mobb Deep, Childish Gambino, Cyhi The Prince, Mack Wilds, and many others. Visit Doritos.com for more info and check out Gaga’s SXSW announcement video above, where she explains the first of the many Doritos Bold Mission challenges.