South By Southwest has come to a close and as we recuperate, we’d like to take a look back at some of the coolest things that happened down in the Lone Star State.
If you weren’t able to make it, take a look at the experience through the eyes of GlobalGrind.
1. We got to check out Bates Motel while down in Austin, before it was magically gone the next day.
2. Ruby’s BBQ! Their Spicy Chopped Beef Brisket was a great introduction to barbecue and our Music Editor Brittany even took this pretty trill picture outside in front of a motorcycle.
3. Having dinner with legends Steve Rifkin and Russell Simmons was super dope, and then a few of their ADD52 artists even performed. Google 3D Natee. Trust us.
4. Watching Kevin Gates tear down the stage multiple times during the week was dope; the best performance was probably at the Nice Kicks rooftop pool party.
5. We discovered that people like getting hit in the face with cakes.
6. And that Steve Aoki has an endless supply of cake. He kept throwing the dessert at people all night long at different venues, at different people.
7. Watching Amber Rose back that thang up on Wiz Khalifa was pretty epic. We tried to take a picture of it, but our phone was being used as a flashlight for this girl to steal a Pink Dolphin sign.
8. We saw people wait eight hours in the rain for the best BBQ in Texas.
9. Bribing some kids with a case of a beer and coming back when they were in the front of the line? Priceless and delicious.
10. What about all the pranks that took place? May the best man win.
11. We literally bumped into “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan at the bar during Paul Rosenberg’s Rap and Wrestling Show.
12. Meth and Red Man tore down Stubbs during Def Jam’s 30th Anniversary Show.
13. Suddenly. Only spelled different.
14. All the twerking that went on! B.o.B. approves…
15. The never-ending supply of BBQ. (Yes, this is our third mention of barbecue.)
16. The Patron Popsicles they served at the Caroline Records Party were on another level.
17. And watching Travi$ Scott dangle and rap at the same time.
PHOTO CREDIT: Instagram, Pete Monsanto for Fly Life Images