The Daily Grind Video


Thomas Eric Duncan, the man who was diagnosed with Ebola last week in Dallas, has died.


The nurse who contracted Ebola in Spain, becoming the first person to be infected with the virus in Europe, said she followed all protocol when treating two Ebola patients in a Madrid hospital.

In fact, Teresa Romero Ramos, who tested positive for the disease on Monday, said she’s not sure how she became infected.

In a brief interview with Spanish newspaper El Mundo, the nurse was asked how she may have fallen ill, to which she replied: “I really can’t say, I haven’t the slightest idea.”

Asked whether she followed the safety protocol, Mrs Romero Ramos said: “Yes, I did.”

In the days following her diagnosis, doctors and nurses have been demonstrating outside La Paz Hospital, demanding more information about how Ramos may have been infected with the deadly virus.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said the disease is not airborne. Ebola is transmitted through bodily fluids like vomit and blood. One must come into contact with these contaminated fluids to be infected.

Ramos’ husband and three others have been admitted to the hospital for observation. Her husband, Javier Limon Romero, is currently heading a campaign to save the family’s dog, who may be euthanized at the request of the regional government.

Animal welfare groups have shared a note from Mr Romero online in which he argues the dog could be placed in quarantine if authorities are worried it may spread Ebola.

Meanwhile, Thomas Eric Duncan, the first patient to be diagnosed with Ebola in the U.S., is continuing treatment in Dallas. His condition, however, has yet to improve.

Relatives of Thomas Eric Duncan are visiting from North Carolina and they glimpsed him using a camera system at Dallas’ Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital on Monday. But when they returned anew, this time with the Rev. Jesse Jackson, they decided such images were too much.

“What we saw was very painful. It didn’t look good,” said Duncan’s nephew, Josephus Weeks.

Weeks said he and Duncan’s mother were unable to sleep after seeing Duncan’s face.

Duncan, 42, remains sedated in critical condition. He is currently on a breathing machine and kidney dialysis.

SOURCE: Huffington Post, Independent | PHOTO CREDIT: Handout

Ebola Crisis: 15 Pictures That Show The Devastating Effects Of The Deadly Disease (PHOTOS)
Global Grind Logo G
0 photos

Global Grind

Quick Links