Jay Z has been in the game for two decades now, solidifying his legacy as one of the most innovative rappers and businessmen ever. In the process, the head of the Carter clan definitely taught us a few things – namely, how to get them Ms – but most importantly, how to be a stand up guy.
Like his change of clothes, Jigga’s persona has rapidly evolved – he locked down Bey, the most flawless chick in the game, and fathered his baby girl Blue Ivy, the feisty heiress to his throne. It’s true, Hov is a husband and a dad now. Ten years ago, we’re not sure we’d be able to picture the boss – who once rapped, “Me give my heart to a woman? Not for nothing…” – as the family man he is today.
With that said, of all Jay’s accomplishments – the albums, the new businesses, the wealth – we’ve got to say holding his family down the way he does has been the most endearing of them all.
In celebration of his 45th birthday today, here is a compilation of Hovito proving he’s the best father and husband ever. Happy birthday!
1. Blue wasn’t even two days old when her hip-hop pops made certain her first cries were heard on “Glory,” an ode to the Carter clan’s newborn princess.
2. It’s public knowledge, Jay is straight out the hood – but he turns to mush when he’s with his favorite girls.
3. When a precious father-daughter moment…
4. Turns into a double dose of Carter cuteness.
5. Because, piggyback rides.
6. And holding hands.
7. Did we mention the subtle (but constant) rubbing of Bey’s booty?
8. And holding on to his wifey like this.
9. And this.
10. He’s very protective of Blue too.
11. He even taught baby girl how to mean mug like daddy.
12. And she’s got the ‘tude down pat.
13. Jay encourages Blue Ivy’s talent.
14. And his wife’s, for that matter.
15. He keeps calm when Blue is wildin’ out.
16. And teaches her new things all the time.
17. Look up Blue-Bey.
18. Father-daughter awesomeness.
19. We’re pretty sure this year’s epic Carter Halloween costumes were inspired by Jay’s love for the arts.
20. As long as he’s with family, he’s having a good time.
21. And he keeps things sexy when it comes to wifey.
22. And cute.
23. Like, super cute.
24. And gangster.
25. He defends their legacy by any means necessary.
26. And gives the best hugs.
27. But keeps it so Brooklyn.
28. Wherever Bey’s at, he’s right over her shoulder.
30. He weathers the storm with Blue.
31. And doesn’t mind Bey pigging out.
32. It’s not just his girls he loves, it’s all of the Knowles women.
33. Plus, he keeps it all the way one hundred with Bey.
34. And makes her laugh her ass off. Or maybe she made him laugh?
35. He takes his princess all around the world.
36. And helps Bey out of the car. Your girlfriend will tell you how much this matters.
37. C’mon son. You’ve got to give the kid props… he knows how to keep his girls happy.
PHOTO CREDIT: Splash, Tumblr, INF, Getty, Wenn