CLOSE

Jamie Sangouthai at T-Mobile Sidekick 4G Launch Party

Jamie Sangouthai, late friend of Lamar Odom and Khloe Kardashian, suddenly passed away on Sunday and now, the L.A. County Coroner’s office has confirmed his cause of death.

Though his death was drug-related, Jamie did not die from overdosing on heroin, as was previously believed. Us Weekly explains:

Assistant Chief Ed Winter told Us Weekly that Sangouthai died as a result of the bacterial skin infection necrotizing fasciitis. IV drug abuse was also cited in the autopsy report as a contributing factor in his death, which has been ruled an accident.

Jamie went to the hospital for the infection that amassed in his arm. According to the CDC, the most common ways to get the “flesh-eating infection” include the bacteria entering the “body through a break in the skin, like a cut, scrape, burn, insect bite, or puncture wound,” so intravenous drug use played a crucial part in Jamie’s untimely death.

We pray for his friends and family at this time, and may he rest in peace.

SOURCE: US Weekly, CDC | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty

67 Photos Of Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom During Brighter Days (PHOTOS)
0 photos

GlobalGrind Radio

Our staff has picked their favorite stations, take a listen...

You May Also Like
×