The tragic events that occurred on Friday the 13th in Paris have caused a public outcry from some of our favorite celebrities.
During her Rebel Heart Tour stop in Stockholm, Sweden, Madonna broke down in front of thousands while she spoke on the violence that Paris faced this past week. “This whole show is about celebrating life. And standing up for your rights. Fighting for what you believe in,” said the pop icon.
She continued: “It’s been very hard for me to get through this show and not forget about what happened last night. So I need to take this moment to acknowledge the tragedy. The tragic killings, assassinations and the senseless ending of precious life that occurred last night in Paris. In many ways, I feel torn. Like why am I up here dancing and having fun when people are crying over the loss of their loved ones?”
Madonna wasn’t the only pop star whose reaction has gone viral this weekend.
As he celebrated his album launch on Friday night in Los Angeles, Justin Bieber sent a prayer out to victims of the terror attacks. Bieber broke down as he sung “I’ll Show You,” and received immense support from the crowd.
Our prayers go out to the city of Paris and the victims of this horrific tragedy during this time.
SOURCE: Billboard, TMZ | PHOTO & VIDEO CREDIT: Getty, TMZ
Pray For Paris: 14 Heartbreaking Photos Following The Attacks
14 photos Launch gallery
1. Las Vegas turns the lights on its Eiffel Tower replica off, showing solidarity with Paris following multiple terror attacks.
1 of 14
2. Victims lie on the ground after an attack on Rue Bichat in Central Paris.
2 of 14
3. A young woman cries at a vigil held by a local French community in Sydney.
3 of 14
4. A single rose following multiple terror attacks in the French city of Paris.
4 of 14
5. Players and officials have a moment of silence for victims during the Newcastle v. Central Coast round 6 A-league match.
5 of 14
6. Workers wash blood off of the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
6 of 14
7. Workers wash blood off the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
7 of 14
8. A woman sends her love.
8 of 14
9. Two friends hug in the wake of multiple terror attacks in Paris.
9 of 14
10. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
10 of 14
11. At least 127 people were left dead following multiple terror attacks in Paris on Friday.
11 of 14
12. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
12 of 14
13. Blood from the scene following the Bataclan Theatre attack.
13 of 14
14. Pray for Paris.
14 of 14