After the attack earlier this month in San Bernardino, Calif., more Americans are worried that terrorists are winning the war against the U.S. than they have been at any point since September 11, according to CNN.
Results of a poll conducted December 17-21, several weeks after the San Bernardino shootings, shows that Americans are unhappy with the nation’s progress, with nearly three-quarters saying they are not satisfied with how the war on terror is proceeding, writes the news outlet.
That figure, following terrorist attacks in Paris and San Bernardino, California, this fall, is well above the previous high of 61% who said they were dissatisfied in August 2007.
While less than half of Americans say the terrorists are winning, the current 40% who do believe that is 17 points above the previous high of 23% reached in August 2005. Another 40% say neither side has an advantage, and just 18% say today that the U.S. and its allies have the upper hand — 10 points off the previous low for that measure, reached in January 2007.
Majority dissatisfaction with the war on terrorism crosses party lines, with even a majority of Democrats, 59%, expressing unease with the case prosecuted by the Obama White House. Seventy-nine percent of independents and 86% of Republicans also say they are dissatisfied with how it has fared.
But a majority of Americans still have hope that the war can be won, saying the “government can prevent all major attacks if it works hard enough at it (few, however, see that happening),” writes CNN.
Do you agree with the poll results?
SOURCE: CNN | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty | VIDEO CREDIT: Inform
Top 11 Political Moments Of 2015
1. Loretta Lynch Confirmed As U.S. Attorney GeneralSource:Getty 1 of 10
2. Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex MarriageSource:Getty 2 of 10
3. Hillary Clinton Announces Second Presidential BidSource:Getty 3 of 10
4. President Barack Obama Defends Black Lives MatterSource:Getty 4 of 10
5. President Obama Visits PrisonSource:Getty 5 of 10
6. U.S. and Cuba Restore Diplomatic Relations.Source:Getty 6 of 10
7. DOJ Announces Probe Of Chicago PoliceSource:Getty 7 of 10
8. President Barack Obama Sings "Amazing Grace"Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. Vice President Joe Biden Almost Ran for PresidentSource:Getty 9 of 10
10. Bernie Sanders Sick of Clinton's EmailsSource:Getty 10 of 10
Poll: Most Americans Are Unhappy With Progress In The War On Terror was originally published on newsone.com