Claiming they were targeting a military convoy of the U.S.-led coalition, the Taliban on Monday took credit for a car bombing near Kabul International Airport, Afghanistan that killed at least one person and injured four others, reports CNN.
But Interior Ministry Spokesman Sediq Sediqqi said the dead and injured were all Afghan civilians.
Taliban insurgents have repeatedly launched attacks targeting the heavily fortified Kabul airport, part of which is used for military purposes.
At least 50 people were killed earlier this month in another attack by the Taliban at a market bazaar and a school near the airport in the southern city of Kandahar, the report says.
SOURCE: CNN | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Top 11 Political Moments Of 2015
1. Loretta Lynch Confirmed As U.S. Attorney GeneralSource:Getty 1 of 10
2. Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex MarriageSource:Getty 2 of 10
3. Hillary Clinton Announces Second Presidential BidSource:Getty 3 of 10
4. President Barack Obama Defends Black Lives MatterSource:Getty 4 of 10
5. President Obama Visits PrisonSource:Getty 5 of 10
6. U.S. and Cuba Restore Diplomatic Relations.Source:Getty 6 of 10
7. DOJ Announces Probe Of Chicago PoliceSource:Getty 7 of 10
8. President Barack Obama Sings "Amazing Grace"Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. Vice President Joe Biden Almost Ran for PresidentSource:Getty 9 of 10
10. Bernie Sanders Sick of Clinton's EmailsSource:Getty 10 of 10
Taliban Takes Credit For Deadly Car Bombing Near Kabul Airport was originally published on newsone.com