New York Knicks forward Cleanthony Early was robbed and shot in the leg in Queens, NYC early Wednesday morning, according to the NY Daily News.
Early was leaving CityScapes gentlemen’s club on 58th Street in Maspeth, Queens when he was surrounded by up to six men, shot in the knee, and robbed of his gold caps and gold necklace. Early was in an Uber cab about a mile away from the club, when three cars boxed in the vehicle and opened fire, with one round hitting Early in the knee, sources said. The 24-year-old ball player was taken to Elmhurst Hospital in stable condition and none of his injuries are said to be life threatening.
Following the incident, the Knicks released a statement.
“We are aware of what occurred with Cleanthony Early this morning and are relieved that he is not in a life-threatening situation,” the team said. “We will not comment any further until we receive more information.”
Cleanthony is the second Knick to recently be involved in an off the court incident, as teammate Derrick Williams was robbed of more than $600,000 worth of jewelry just last month.
SOURCE: NY Daily News | VIDEO SOURCE: Inform
Celebrities Attend The 2015 NBA All-Star Game In NYC
12 photos Launch gallery
1. Nicki and Meek cuddle up courtside at the game.
1 of 12
2. Beyonce and Jay Z watch from the sidelines.
2 of 12
3. Nicki and Meek cuddle up courtside.
3 of 12
4. Beyonce poses with Scottie Pippen's daughter.
4 of 12
5. Beyonce poses on the sidelines.
5 of 12
6. Jay Z heads into the All-Star game.
6 of 12
7. Christina Aguilera performs for the crowd.
7 of 12
8. Christina Aguilera and Nas sit on the sidelines.
8 of 12
9. Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj perform together.
9 of 12
10. Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj perform.
10 of 12
11. Nicki and Ariana hit the stage.
11 of 12
12. Nicki and Ariana hit the stage.
12 of 12