President Obama and the White House staff have really embraced this age of social media. Last year, for the first time ever, the White House created a @POTUS Twitter account, which served as the official account for the President of the U.S. Now, President Obama and his team are looking to expand to other social media platforms. They recently announced that the White House will join Snapchat. “At the White House, our digital strategy centers around meeting people where they are. This decentralized approach, in response to the proliferation of social media, aims to provide the American people with a multitude of ways to engage with their government. Today, we’re excited to announce that this push is continuing, with the debut of the White House’s Official Story on Snapchat,” read a statement on the White House’s website yesterday. “In light of the number of Americans who use the service to consume news and share with their friends, the White House is joining Snapchat to engage this broad cross-section of the population in new and creative ways.” The White House’s first official story is slated to be posted today. Read more.
VH1 to Pick Up “America’s Next Top Model”
When news spread that America’s Next Top Model would be canceled, it felt like the end of an era. The show, which made its debut in 2003, had run for 22 seasons. Now that the CW has cut its ties with ANTM, a new network has reportedly stepped in to pick it up. The reality competition may end up on VH1. “The CW canceled (“ANTM”) even though it was their most downloaded show, but the speculation was that it’s because Tyra’s salary is so high. It’s an expensive show to make because she gets a s—load of money,” said a source. “She said it was time for ‘Top Model’ to end but her show bombed and now it (‘ANTM’) is getting picked up again.” There are no details on whether Banks and the other original judges will return to the show. Read more.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
21 Of President Barack Obama's Best Photos Of 2015
1. JANUARY: President Obama delivers the State of the Union address with the support of vice president Joe Biden. Obama gained mass support after his joke about winning both terms.Source:Getty 1 of 10
2. APRIL: President Obama arrives in Jamaica to meet with the 15-member Caribbean Community. His trip marked a first for the sitting president and second since the country's independence.Source:Getty 2 of 10
3. JUNE: President Obama and German Chancellor Angela Merkel are seen talking during the president's trip to the G7Summit in Bavaria, Germany.Source:Getty 3 of 10
4. JUNE: President Obama sings "Amazing Grace" during the eulogy for South Carolina state senator and Rev. Clementa Pinckney during Pinckney's funeral service. Clementa was one of the nine victims who died after suspected shooter Dylann Roof entered the AME church and opened fire.Source:Getty 4 of 10
5. SEPTEMBER: President Obama is featured on the popular show "Running Wild With Bear Grylls." Obama took the trip to highlight the importance of climate control.Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. SEPTEMBER: The First Couple serve as "love goals" at the White House's state dinner for Chinese President Xi Jinping and his wife Madame Peng Liyuan. Obama and Xi announced an agreement on controlling climate change and a mutual outlook on cyber security.Source:Getty 6 of 10
7. OCTOBER: President Obama meets with Ahmed Mohamed, the student who was detained by Texas police for his homemade clock. The president stood by the teen, who many believe was the victim of Islamophobia.Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. NOVEMBER: President Obama issues a warning to his critics who "pop off" at his policies towards Syrian refugees. Speaking at the OP 21 United Nations conference on climate change, Obama welcomed his Republican critics to the White House to lay down their own policies. No one has responded.Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. DECEMBER: President Obama addresses the public from the Oval Office regarding the San Bernardino shooting.Source:Getty 9 of 10
10. DECEMBER: All grown up! The First Family, including Obama's mother-in-law Marian Robinson, is seen at the White House's national Christmas tree lighting ceremony on Dec. 2.Source:Getty 10 of 10
NEWS ROUNDUP: The White House Joins Snapchat…AND MORE was originally published on newsone.com