The suspects in the gang rape of an 18-year-old in New York claim they actually had the father’s consent to assault his daughter; in fact, they said they initially encountered the duo engaging in sexual activity themselves, the New York Post reports.
Denzel Murray, 14, Shaquell Cooper, 15, Ethan Phillip, 15, and Onandi Brown, 17, were charged as adults on Monday. The fifth suspect, a 17-year-old, was detained by police in school on Tuesday.
On Monday, two of the suspects claimed they had consensual sex with the teen after asking her 39-year-old dad for permission. The father, whose name hasn’t been released, was walking with his daughter in a secluded area of the park on Thursday evening. The teen was reconnecting with her estranged father, sources said. Surveillance cameras caught the father purchasing beer for them at a nearby deli before the rape occurred.
Two of the suspects told police they were walking past the handball courts when they saw the father engaged in sexual activity with the girl.
The New York Post reports:
“Can we have some of that?” one asked the dad, who was allegedly drunk and had been boozing with his daughter before the attack, sources said. Two of the teens say they then had consensual sex with the victim while her sloshed dad staggered away.
The dad returned and chucked a bottle at the teens, who fled, said one of the suspects, according to the sources. The father then allegedly went to two local delis for help but was too drunk to be understood by the workers. A third suspect said he left the playground before the assault, sources said. The fourth teen is refusing to talk.
Surveillance video from the store shows the victim’s father walking inside before he begins to chat with two men. He does not appear to be frantic or in distress. After walking out of the store, the dad drunkenly ran past a marked police car before eventually circling back and alerting the cops to his daughter’s attack — 20 minutes after the alleged rape first began to unfold, sources said.
The teen told police she was bipolar and suffered from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. After refusing help from police and doctors, she took a rape kit test. Police Commissioner Bill Bratton told reporters, “At this juncture, we have no doubt she was raped.”
A source added her scars and bruises from the attack were consistent with rape claims.
SOURCE: New York Post | VIDEO CREDIT: Inform
Top 11 Political Moments Of 2015
1. Loretta Lynch Confirmed As U.S. Attorney GeneralSource:Getty 1 of 10
2. Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex MarriageSource:Getty 2 of 10
3. Hillary Clinton Announces Second Presidential BidSource:Getty 3 of 10
4. President Barack Obama Defends Black Lives MatterSource:Getty 4 of 10
5. President Obama Visits PrisonSource:Getty 5 of 10
6. U.S. and Cuba Restore Diplomatic Relations.Source:Getty 6 of 10
7. DOJ Announces Probe Of Chicago PoliceSource:Getty 7 of 10
8. President Barack Obama Sings "Amazing Grace"Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. Vice President Joe Biden Almost Ran for PresidentSource:Getty 9 of 10
10. Bernie Sanders Sick of Clinton's EmailsSource:Getty 10 of 10
Fifth Teen Caught In Brooklyn Gang Rape, Suspects Claim Father Of Victim Gave Consent was originally published on newsone.com