The legal team for Nick Gordon, the ex-boyfriend of the late Bobbi Kristina Brown, says their client has endured anguish after he was accused by the family of aiding in Brown’s death. Gordon said that the family’s claims were “humiliating” and that he actually attempted to save Brown’s life, PEOPLE reports.
Brown, the daughter of late singer Whitney Houston and entertainer Bobby Brown, died in Duluth, Ga., last July. Gordon and a friend discovered Brown, 22, face down in a bathtub on Jan. 31 of that year but was too late to revive her. She was placed in a medically-induced coma, dying six months later after several medical experts examined her.
In an exclusive statement delivered to PEOPLE, Gordon’s legal representation shared that their client deeply loved Brown and has been compliant despite the family painting an entirely different image of him.
But in a statement to PEOPLE, Gordon’s attorneys, Jose Baez and Joe S. Habachy, say that their client is innocent – and has been going through a difficult year.
“Nick Gordon’s life has been tumultuous since January of 2015 when he lost the love of his life,” say Baez and Habachy. “On top of being prohibited from visiting Bobbi Kristina at the hospital for the last six months of her life, Nick has been publicly humiliated for more than a year.
“Throughout that time,” the statement continues, “the Fulton County District Attorney’s office has tried to make Nick a murderer despite having clear and convincing evidence that Bobbi Kristina’s death was nothing more than a tragic accident, evidence that the District Attorney’s office fought to seal and conceal from the public rather than allowing her fans to know the truth.”
“The truth is that Nick tried to save Bobbi Kristina’s life. The truth is that Nick cooperated with law enforcement since day one. The truth is that no one loved Bobbi Kristina more than Nick and no one has suffered more as a result of her death than Nick.”
The attorneys added in their statement that the Fulton County District attorney’s office might still be investigating the case but cited that a recent hearing to unseal Brown’s autopsy results proves that there’s has been lack of evidence connecting Gordon to a crime.
The statement concluded with Baez and Habachy asking the District Attorney’s office to come forth with all details of the case and call it a case of suicide or an accident and to not frame it as a murder investigation.
SOURCE: PEOPLE | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty | VIDEO CREDIT: Inform
In Memoriam: Celebrities We Lost In 2016
1. Debbie Reynolds, 84Source:Getty 1 of 38
2. Carrie Fisher, 60Source:Getty 2 of 38
3. George Michael, 53Source:Getty 3 of 38
4. Alan Thicke, 69Source:Getty 4 of 38
5. John Glenn, 95Source:Getty 5 of 38
6. Ron Glass, 71Source:Getty 6 of 38
7. Fidel Castro, 90Source:Getty 7 of 38
8. Colonel Abrams, 67Source:Getty 8 of 38
9. Florence Henderson, 82Source:Getty 9 of 38
10. Sharon Jones, 60Source:Getty 10 of 38
11. Gwen Ifill, 61Source:Getty 11 of 38
12. Leonard Cohen, 82Source:Getty 12 of 38
13. Gene Wilder, 83Source:Getty 13 of 38
14. John McLaughlin, 89Source:Getty 14 of 38
15. Gary Marshall, 81Source:Getty 15 of 38
16. Bernie Worrell, 72Source:Getty 16 of 38
17. Christina Grimmie, 22Source:Getty 17 of 38
18. Muhammad Ali, 74Source:Getty 18 of 38
19. Morley Safer, 84Source:Getty 19 of 38
20. Prince, 57Source:Getty 20 of 38
21. David Gest, 62Source:Getty 21 of 38
22. Phife Dawg, 45Source:Getty 22 of 38
23. Daryl Coley, 60Source:Getty 23 of 38
24. Bob Adelman, 85Source:Getty 24 of 38
25. Tony Burton, 78Source:Getty 25 of 38
26. Vanity, 57Source:Getty 26 of 38
27. Maurice White, 74Source:Getty 27 of 38
28. Abe Vigoda, 94Source:Getty 28 of 38
29. Natalie Cole, 65Source:Getty 29 of 38
30. David Bowie, 69Source:Getty 30 of 38
31. Nicholas Caldwell, 71Source:Getty 31 of 38
32. Monford "Monte" Merrill Irvin, 96Source:Getty 32 of 38
33. Glenn Frey, 67Source:Getty 33 of 38
34. Rene Angelil, 73Source:Getty 34 of 38
35. Robert Stigwood, 81Source:Getty 35 of 38
36. Otis Clay, 73Source:Getty 36 of 38
37. Dan Haggerty, 74Source:Getty 37 of 38
38. Alan Rickman, 69Source:Getty 38 of 38
Attorneys Say Nick Gordon Attempted To Save Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Life was originally published on newsone.com