It’s no secret that President Barack Obama is a fan of Star Wars. So it came as no surprise on Wednesday when he and First Lady Michelle Obama held a May the Fourth dance party at the White House “with the help of R2-D2, some Storm Troopers and a little ‘Uptown Funk,’” reports the Huffington Post.
May the Fourth is a worldwide celebration of the Star Wars saga.
The party comes after a White House spokesman late last year told the press that Obama was eager to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens upon its release, reports The Hill:
The president has tried to show off his bonafides as a Star Wars fan. In 2013, he honored series creator George Lucas with a National Medal of Arts and National Humanities Medal.
“I remember when I first saw ‘Star Wars,’” Obama said during a White House ceremony. “There’s a whole generation that thinks special effects always looked like they do today. But it used to be you’d see, like, the string on the little model spaceships.”
Watch the dance party video above and sound off in the comments.
Good 'Ol Days: Barack Obama Was Nominated For President By The DNC 11 Years Ago
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14 of 14
"The future rewards those who press on. I don't have time to feel sorry for myself. I don't have time to complain. I'm going to press on."— BrooklynDad_Defiant! (@mmpadellan) February 18, 2019
-- President Barack Obama
Happy #PresidentsDay, Mr. President! We ❤️ you!@BarackObama pic.twitter.com/xhQEb4OG1U