The days leading up to the Met Gala are some of the most exciting of the year, as we all anticipate extravagant looks from the most famous people in the world. This year the theme is inspired by legendary fashion designer and creative director Karl Lagerfeld. While we await the countless looks, we reminisce on some of our favorite Met moments given to us by Black women.
The event has already began trending on social media as fans gear up for an exciting night of fashion and fundraising. From Beyoncé to Cardi B, many of our favorites love to go all in at Anna Wintour‘s annual philanthropic event, long held in New York City on the first Monday of May.
The 2023 edition of the Met Gala is set to take place on May 1 at The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. The exclusive and star-studded event is one of the most important on the celebrity calendar and this year the theme centers around the late designer Karl Lagerfeld.
Black women never disappoint when it comes to executing a look, a slay and a moment! We expect nothing less from this year’s celebrities who plan to attend. Could we anticipate a Fenty fashion family moment featuring Rihanna, A$AP Rocky and their son? Will Beyoncé make a surprise appearance before the start of highly anticipated Renaissance tour? Both moments would be iconic. The one thing that must happen is another Zendaya and Law Roach collab, because what’s Met without those two?
To celebrate the party of the year returning, we’ve gathered the most memorable Black woman Met Gala moments. Because we… are… life. Duh!
Check it out below:
1. Rihanna absolutely and inarguably won the 2015 Met Gala.Source:Getty
2. That time Beyoncé went all Yoncé on us in a crystal clear dress and side pony.Source:Getty
3. Lupita stuns for the ‘Charles James: Beyond Fashion’ Costume Institute Gala.Source:Getty
4. We will never, EVER forget this Solange moment.Source:Getty
5. SZA braves the cameras at the ‘Heavenly Bodies: Fashion & The Catholic Imagination’ Costume Institute GalaSource:Getty
6. Ciara giving us au naturel glam at the 2019 gala.Source:Getty
7. Janelle Monae takes on the “Camp: Notes On Fashion” Met Gala theme.Source:Getty
8. Solange and Janelle Monae for the ‘Heavenly Bodies: Fashion & The Catholic Imagination’ theme.Source:Getty
9. Cardi B went all out for the 2019 ‘Camp: Notes On Fashion’ theme. Whew.Source:Getty
10. Rihanna… always, ALWAYS stunning.Source:Getty
11. Her ‘Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination’ look. When she goes all out, she goes AWWWL OUT.Source:Getty
12. CiCi and Solange bringing the Camp.Source:Getty
13. Zendaya hits the Met in a big beautiful ‘fro.Source:WENN
14. Her play on Camp in 2019.Source:WENN
15. And last, but never least, another bomb ass Lupita LEWK.Source:Getty
Former Professional Basketball Player God Shammgod Doesn't Let Pain Slow Down His Game
Basketball Legend God Shammgod Inspires Son and Next Generation of Players
WTF! Bashid McLean Poses For A Photo With His Mother's Decapitated Head! (PHOTOS)
Meet The 2023 McDonald's Black & Positively Golden Change Leaders
Celeb Baby Cuteness: Jeezy & Jeannie Mai-Jenkins' Daughter Discovers Her Southern Roots In Adorable Viral Video
They're Not Babies Anymore: Our Favorite Celebrity Kids 2023 Prom Photos [Gallery]
Happy Eggplant Friday! Here Are 26 Celebrity D*ck Pics To Start Your Weekend
The 15 Most Sexually Explicit & Down Right Nasty Songs Of All Time (LIST)