1. Back in 2010, the king and queen of everything posed with their drinks while looking like teens in love.
2. Who’s that behind the weed smoke? Snoop of course!
3. 50 Cent and Snoop Dogg wowed the crowd with their performance of the “P.I.M.P. (Remix)” in 2012.
4. Snoop’s personalized DOGG mic and Bob Marley/Rastafarian ensemble birthed what we now know as Snoop Lion.
5. Hip-hop’s favorite potheads, Wiz Khalifa and Snoop Dogg, had to pass the world’s biggest blunt on stage in 2012. Because it’s Cali and it’s Coachella.
6. But seriously. Get into the size of that blunt.
7. The late soul icon Amy Winehouse posed with comical genius Danny DeVito at the 2007 Coachella Festival.
8. 2 Chainz performed during last year’s Coachella Music Festival. Between his outfit (consisting of more than two chains) and crowd interaction, 2 Chainz made that year completely epic.
9. Ganja princess Rihanna rested on her bodyguard’s shoulders in the 2012 Coachella crowd and celebrated 420 a few days early.
10. Rihanna made these fans’ lives complete by including them in her performance.
11. Badgalriri got all her life and was snapped dancing in the streets in a to-die-for Chanel bomber jacket that had fashionistas feeing for months.
12. R. Kelly performed with musician Thomas Mars of Phoenix last year. They shocked the crowd as Kelz sang “Bump & Grind” with the rock band.
13. Redman and Method Man reunited for the festival, as will Outkast this year!
14. In 2011, Lauryn Hill proved that she still has it when she performed at the main stage.
15. In 2006, the Queen of Pop, Madonna, made history by performing in front of one of the largest crowds ever to witness an artist at Coachella.
16. You know Madge had to get frisky on stage.
17. Odd Future besties Tyler, the Creator and Frank Ocean chest bump each other at the 2012 festival.
18. Vogue cover model, North West’s daddy, and Kim Kardashian’s fiance headlined 2011’s Coachella and gave the crowd a taste of his beautiful, dark, twisted fantasy.
19. This performance was described by The Hollywood Reporter as “one of greatest hip-hop sets of all time.”
20. Get into the change in Kanye’s style from then (2006) and now!
21. Ke$ha got raunchy with some Chuck Taylor Converses, a staple at music festivals.
22. We had to shout out the lesbihonest Rihanna/Katy Perry moments.
23. Katyanna? Rihanna Perry? Katy Fenty? Either way, yum.
24. Hov headlined 2010’s Coachella and repped the ROC to the fullest.
25. Bey joined her hubby on stage to perform his Blueprint 3 hit “Forever Young.”
26. BK was in Coachella heavy in 2010 when Jay showed love to Ira Tuton, a member of the Brooklyn band Yeasayer.
27. Who better to unite a diverse crown than kin of the king, Bob Marley? Damien Marley gave Coachella a reggae twist back in 2006.
28. The self-proclaimed “rap god” Eminem looked like he was receiving the holy spirit when he took the stage in 2012.
29. Dr. Dre was supposed to drop new ‘Detox’ at his Coachella performance. Of course he did not. But he brought out the best special guests – Snoop Dogg, Eminem, and of course (click the next pic)
30. “What the f*ck is up, Coachella!?” said the late, great Tupac Shakur just two years ago. But how??? A hologram that had the “Tupac is still alive!” conspiracy theorists going ballistic.
31. One to never disappoint during a live performance, Cee Lo Green donned a Lion King-looking wig and ensemble at the 2006 festival.
32. And of course, the Gnarls Barkley belly made an appearance.
33. A$AP Rocky showed off his rock star capabilities (and tatted body) on the 2012 Coachella Music Festival Empire Polo Club stage.
34. Before joining forces to fight gender inequality, Beyonce and former First Lady of California Maria Shriver were chillin’ together at 2010’s Coachella.
35. Can we get a Jayonce music festival please!?
You May Also Like