Only this time, Zimmerman wasn’t fighting with estranged wife Shellie Zimmerman. He brought 27-year-old Samantha Scheibe, a woman who is described as his live-in girlfriend, on the scene. The two have been residing at her home in Apopka, Fla.
The blonde “babe,” as Shellie Zimmerman described her in September following her own domestic dispute with Zimmerman, called 911 on Monday, claiming that Zimmerman pointed a shotgun in her face and smashed a glass coffee table with the butt of that weapon. Zimmerman disputed her claims, saying that his girlfriend “went crazy” on him.
In the end, the former neighborhood watch volunteer who was cleared in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin last July, was arrested on domestic violence charges. His bail was set at $9,000 during his arraignment on Tuesday.
During that hearing, prosecutors refused to reveal much else about Scheibe, but there are details about her and Zimmerman’s relationship, her life before Zimmerman, and that detail about her carrying Zimmerman’s child (or not).
Here’s what we know:
– Scheibe and Zimmerman have been residing in her home since August 2013.
– She is the woman Shellie can be heard talking about during her 911 call to police following her and Zimmerman’s domestic dispute in September 2013. Shellie tells the dispatcher, “there’s a woman [in the car].”
– This is Scheibe during the Shellie dispute in September, waiting by Zimmerman’s truck as he allegedly punched Shellie’s father and broke her iPad:
– During that dispute with Shellie, she refused to provide a statement on the scene, though she did confirm to police that there were guns in the truck.
– Both she and Zimmerman have concealed weapons permits.
– Scheibe has reportedly known Zimmerman for several years and met through a high school classmate, Wesley Robinson. This is the same man who played the part of Zimmerman’s “bodyguard” during his and Shellie’s altercation in September.
– Friends have warned Scheibe that Zimmerman is a “ticking time bomb.” According to the Daily Mail, friends urged her to dump him, fearing he would not be able to control his temper.
– A family friend told the Daily Mail that many were surprised when she began dating Zimmerman. “He is not her type of guy.”
– On Monday, Scheibe called the police to report that Zimmerman was breaking things in her home and pointed a gun at her.
– This isn’t the first time the couple has been in an altercation. On Tuesday during his arraignment, prosecutors said that Zimmerman choked Scheibe last week, but she did not report it.
– She may or may not be pregnant. During his 911 call, Zimmerman told a dispatcher that Scheibe was pregnant and she wanted to parent the child on her own. During a press conference that day, police said that she was not pregnant. And during another presser on Tuesday, the public defender in Zimmerman’s case said he could not confirm if that was true or not.
PHOTO CREDIT: Facebook, Screengrab