12-year-old Seth Cutright is being dubbed a hero today, after suffering horrendous burns while saving his grandmother’s life from her burning home.
Thanks to his bravery, Seth was left with heavy burns across his face, body and arms, after a propane heater exploded in their home in Vernonia, Oregon, on Friday.
As reported by KATU News:
Seth and Rose were the only family members home during the explosion and fire.
“My grandma was on fire,” he said. “Not completely on fire, just a little bit. Then when I was walking, it went out. I carried her outside and set her on the ground. I went to the next-door neighbor’s and said call the ambulance.”
The two are recovering at the Oregon Burn Center in Portland.
“I love you. I’m proud of you. You’re my hero,” Seth’s father, Roger Cutright, said to his son.
Seth and Roger Cutright said they wanted to talk about the fire on TV because they are so grateful for the doctors at the burn center.
It took about three hours for firefighters to get the fire under control. They were able to save several cats and some chickens.
The Red Cross is currently helping the Cutright family deal with the aftermath of the fire.