The Daily Grind Video
CLOSE

Ariel Castro, accused of holding three women captive in his home for over a decade, has agreed to plead guilty in a deal to avoid the death penalty.

The Cleveland Kidnapper is entering the plea Friday. In exchange, prosecutors said the 53-year-old Castro would be sentenced to life without parole plus 1,000 years.

Castro had been charged in a 977-count indictment.

He agrees to turn his house over to the county. His lawyer says that it will be demolished.

And, in a shocking moment, Castro spoke to the court:

“I would like to state that I was also a victim as a child.”

The kidnapper had been scheduled for trial Aug. 5 on allegations that include repeatedly restraining his victims, Amanda Berry, Gina Dejesus and Michelle Knight, as well as punching and starving one woman until she had a miscarriage.

Below, watch Ariel Castro speak to the judge about his sentencing, as well as his porn addiction.

SOURCE: Fox NewsUSA Today

Also On Global Grind:
Did You Know These 12 Celebrities Suffered From Depression?
'The Fate Of The Furious' New York Premiere - Outside Arrivals
12 photos
You May Also Like