Walking into “The $100-million man’s” New York residence, one would expect the grandiosity of an untouched abyss made out to be the norm of ballers by shows like MTV Cribs, but the vibe here is different; it’s actually relatable. While not many can relate to being the wife of the New York Knicks center Amar’e Stoudemire, many can relate to being a mother, a wife, and an all-around caregiver that keeps the family in line. Many can relate to Amar’e’s new wife, and teenage sweetheart, Alexis Stoudemire.
The southern belle is in-transition to being a big city gal after transplanting herself and 3 (now 4) kids to New York City, marrying the love of her life and acclimating to a life of red carpets, private events, and personal fashion invites from Anna Wintour. While she may be afforded the opportunity to attend the ritziest of New York City’s events, the mother of four still walks her little ones to school every morning, and opts out of coasters in favor of wiping her table down every night, but still knows how to rock an Hermes purse like a second skin.
With misconceptions about NBA wives becoming the theme of reality TV shows, drama and the like, GlobalGrind had the opportunity to debunk them all and live a day in the life of Alexis Stoudemire. From morning until dusk, with a new baby on her hip, fashion shows to attend and a glam squad on demand, we got a look inside the beauty’s closet, her life, got to learn a little more about her Met Ball experience and learned more about the dazzling woman who snagged one of the hardwood’s most coveted men.
The NBA season is upon us and while the New York Knicks may be hot, the first wives of New York, including Alexis, may be where we keep our attention.
Check out the video above.
Hip Pop's Most Unapologetic Couples (PHOTOS)
10 photos Launch gallery
1. 1. 10. Halle Berry and her boo Olivier ride or die for one another! Though the public was really rooting for Gabriel Aubry, our girl Halle won't budge on the issue. || Photo Credit: WENN
1 of 10
2. 2. 9. Alicia Keys was known as a man-stealing, homewrecker for years. She and Swizz Beats stood strong and close, and kept their relationship solid! Photo Credit: GETTY
2 of 10
3. 3. 8. Hugh Hef and his new wife Crystal Harris are one of the most controversial Hollywood couples due to the major age difference. To them, age ain't nothing but a number! Photo Credit: GETTY
3 of 10
4. 4. 7. Scott Disick and Kourtney Kardashian started out as a volatile couple, with Scott always drinking and the public viewing him as a complete jerk. They stuck it out and both changed for the better! || Photo Credit: WENN
4 of 10
5. 5. 6. Reggie Bush and his Kim K. look alike have been criticized ever since they got together. Reg doesn't mind- he would rather have some kind of Kim, even if it isn't all the way authentic. || Photo Credit: SPLASH
5 of 10
6. 6. 5. How many Mariah and Nick Cannon jokes have you heard? These two are crazy in love, regardless of their different career paths and age gap. || Photo Credit: WENN
6 of 10
7. 7. 4. Jennifer Lopez isn't apologizing for her new, young boo Casper or for her crazy history with love and boyfriends. She wants him and that's that! || Photo Credit: WENN
7 of 10
8. 8. 3. Kobe almost lost it all- twice! He and Vanessa go through a lot together and all in the public eye, but in the end they stick together and make it work! || Photo Credit: WENN
8 of 10
9. 9. 2. Stevie J and Joseline are all bad in a few different ways, but they dont pay attention to the criticism. They even cheat on significant others... anything to stay together and get money!|| Photo Credit: Prince Williams
9 of 10
10. 10. 1. Rihanna & Breezy are the most unapologetic of them all. Regardless of their terrible history and Chris formerly being tied down with Karrueche, they fell back in love. || Photo Credit: Instagram
10 of 10