Lupita Nyong’o has been getting plenty of praise for winning every single red carpet she steps foot on, but The Hollywood Reporter believes in giving credit where it’s due.
The woman behind Lupita’s Oscar-winning style is Micaela Erlanger, and THR has named her as one of the top power stylists of 2014. And rightfully so.
The second annual list honors those who work behind the seams, making sure our favorite celebrities are always looking their best. Erlanger is joining (and outranking) the likes of Rachel Zoe, Erin Walsh (known for dressing Kerry Washington) and Johnny Wujek (known for dressing Katy Perry). Keep on reading to find out who landed the top spots on the list.
1. Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock were two leading ladies who won big at the Oscars and found their way to the top of best dressed lists for the evening, so it only makes sense that their stylist Elizabeth Stewart snags the number one spot on the list. Her clients also include Jessica Chastain, Amanda Seyfried and January Jones.
2. Petra Flannery also had a successful awards season, dressing Homeland’s Claire Danes and her latest client, American Hustle’s Amy Adams. Other stars who she’s dressed include Emma Stone, Zoe Saldana, and Sarah Paulson.
3. Meet Micaela Erlanger, the woman responsible for making Lupita a stylish standout time and time again. It was her other client, Downton Abbey actress Michelle Dockery, who introduced the two, and the rest is history.
4. Remember that dazzling green Gucci dress Olivia Wilde (and her baby bump) wore to the Golden Globes? Karla Welch and Kemal Harris are the dynamic duo behind that look and the looks of Justin Bieber, Pink and John Legend, just to name a few.
5. Leslie Fremar rounds out the top five with a long list of Hollywood heavy hitters she’s primping and prepping: Julianne Moore, Reese Witherspoon, Charlize Theron, Scarlett Johansson, the list goes on and on.
See which other stylists made the cut over at THR.
PHOTO CREDIT: THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER