Today, Time announced Pope Francis as their Person of the Year. With contenders Miley Cyrus and Ted Cruz grabbing much of America’s attention this year, Pope Francis won over the world with his compassionate approach in his papacy and in the eyes of many a man of the people – hence his nickname ‘The People’s Pope.“
Pope Francis’ push on women’s rights, child abuse, and LGBT rights has expanded his influence on the Catholic Church and beyond. Check out some reasons why Pope Francis was the best choice for Person of the Year.
1. He has his own style (no red shoes this way).
2. He ‘hearts’ anyone, including atheists, since he prays for them ‘silently’ because they don’t want to believe.
3. He doesn’t turn any of his supporters away (even when they hop on stage).
4. His wave is so poignant that it warms your heart and you forgot it was -20 degrees outside.
5. He engages with the youth, including taking selfies and holding glittery signs.
6. He’s appreciated by his peers like a great leader should be.
7. To some he’s a hipster pope, but if that means he’s down for equality and restoring humanity, it can’t be that bad of a nickname.
8. He goes out of his way to bless handicapped and poverty stricken people from all over the world.
9. He dressed up as a superhero and prays for everyone, no matter who they are.
10. His enthusiasm had enough power to get people excited about humility and love…go Pope!
SOURCE: Gify | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty