The kid is that good.
So good, he’s been cast as one of the stars in the next Star Wars trilogy. For now, we know he’s in Episode VII at least, but who is he really? You might remember John as Moses in the hit movie Attack The Block, but if not, check out all the things you need to know about the kid before he really blows up.
– John was set to star in a series for HBO from Spike Lee and Oscar Award winner John Ridley called Da Brick, which was loosely based on the life of Mike Tyson. Unfortunately, HBO passed on the series.
– His favorite actors include Sam Rockwell, Anthony Hopkins, and David Oyelowo.
– John also loves Will Smith. He told us about the time he met Will Smith’s team and how Hollywood accepted him as an actor:
“I love Will Smith and love what he’s done so far. I was actually at Overbrook Entertainment,” John told GlobalGrind in 2011. “I was at their brunch in L.A., in Beverly Hills. And I spoke to someone on his team and stuff. It was very great how Hollywood has accepted me and given me a warm hug, just looking for the next thing really.”
– John got the script for his last role in the yet-to-be released film adaptation of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s Half Of A Yellow Sun in an interesting way.
“I was at home having a full English breakfast and the email came through in my junk mail. Funnily enough, I was paying a T-Mobile bill, so I was able to see the email.”
– His dad is a minister and his mom works with the disabled.
“There are no actors in my family, but there are definitely animated black people in my family. My dad’s a Pentecostal minister, meaning that he’s full of charisma,” John says.
– He only has 941 followers on Instagram right now.
– He’s in the new reboot of 24: Live Another Day, which debuts next Monday on FOX. Definitely watch it to get a taste of what you’ll see from him in Star Wars.
– John may be young, but the way his mind works is amazing.
Check out his passion project: “I want to tell the story of the black experience pre-slavery. When I say pre-slavery, I mean in Roman times, when you had loads of black saints, black priests, and black kings.”
Stay locked to GlobalGrind for more on John Boyega.
SOURCE: GlobalGrind, Interview, THR | PHOTO CREDIT: Twitter, Getty
What Did You Just Say? The Top 24 Gen Z Slang Phrases That Leave Older Generations Confused
WTF! Bashid McLean Poses For A Photo With His Mother's Decapitated Head! (PHOTOS)
How Black Are You? Take This Quick Quiz To Find Out
Once Lovers: 13 Celebrity Couples We Forgot Dated Like Nas & Mary J. Blige [Gallery]
Happy Eggplant Friday! Here Are 26 Celebrity D*ck Pics To Start Your Weekend
'Mea Culpa' Stars Kelly Rowland and Trevante Rhodes Talk Tyler Perry Twists And The Detail To Look For That You Don't Want To Miss!
Mint Condition's Stokely Joins Cast As The Iconic Rick James In 'Super Freak: The Rick James Story' Musical
HORRIFIC! Footage Shows Two Girls Brutally Beating 16-Year-Old Before Holding Her Down To Be Raped (GRAPHIC)