Do you know what today is?
Well, besides the Brazil vs. Germany World Cup game, today marks the 18th anniversary of the Spice Girl’s “Wannabe” music video. Can you believe it?
Eighteen long years ago, five British girls invaded the U.S. and basically took over the world for six years before Ginger Spice, aka Geri Halliwell, decided to leave the group to pursue other endeavors.
Don’t know about you all, but if you were a young girl in the ’90s, the Spice Girls were everything. We mean EVERYTHING.
So in honor of their ability to spice up the world, we decided to reminisce about all the reasons why we (and hopefully you too) loved the Spice Girls below.
1. Scary Spice’s Great Hair
2. And her animal print outfits.
3. Ginger Spice’s crazy pleather rompers…
4. And her bubbly personality.
5. They could kick any boy’s ass.
6. Especially Sporty Spice.
7. Because Baby Spice was so damn cute….
8. And her platforms were ALLL THAT!
9. Oh, and we can’t forget about how fine Posh Spice was (and still is).
10. No, really. Look at her…F.I.N.E.
11. And she was funny (when she actually spoke).
12. Not to mention, her style was beyond impeccable.
13. Mel C. had the coolest tattoos…
14. And her namesake Mel B. had the coolest dance moves. Zig-a-zig AHHHH!
15. They were always so happy.
16. And most importantly, they were all about GIRL POWER!
PHOTO CREDIT: GettyImages