View this post on Instagram
Another reminder we have to live and love as greatly as we can today, because tomorrow is never guaranteed. At approximately 11:15pm last night myself and @laurenhashianofficial had to make the painful decision to end Brutus' suffering by taking him off of life support and sending his soul to pup heaven. I held his lil' paw as he was finally at peace. As all puppies and dogs do, he ate a mushroom while playing outside with his brother Hobbs. This mushroom happened to have a lethal toxicity and within hours it was rapidly destroying his liver and immune system to the point of no return. I encourage all of you out there to be mindful of mushrooms in your yards, parks or anywhere outside your dogs play. What looks innocent, can be deadly to your lil' family members. Thank you Dr. Deckelbaum and Dr. West and the incredibly caring nurses and staff at The Animal Medical Center At Cooper City. We'll always love you Brutus.. and you'll always be my lil' main man and rough housing Brute. #RIPBrutus #WishICouldHaveSavedYouOneMoreTime #TheresPickUpTrucksInHeavenYouCanPeeIn
The Hollywood actor took to his Instagram to reveal that one of his little puppies, Brutus, has passed away this week after consuming a toxic mushroom in his backyard.
After eating the mushroom, the toxins began attacking Brutus’ liver and immune system, leaving The Rock no choice but to eventually take him off life support.
He told the story to his followers and fans in hopes that it will help animal owners to be mindful of the mushrooms and plants that are in their backyards.
It was just a couple of weeks ago that The Rock told the story of both of his pug puppies having ran into their pool, with him rescuing them from under the water.
We are keeping The Rock and Brutus’ loved ones in our prayers. Losing a pet is heartbreaking.
PHOTO CREDIT: Instagram