A Tennessee rapper was detained in a case of mistaken identity on Friday after police officers restrained him for taking $200,000 out of his bank account at a local Wells Fargo in Atlanta, Ga.
11 Alive reports Sam Benson, known as Blac Youngsta, arrived at the bank Friday afternoon to take the funds out in order to purchase a new car, when he was detained by several officers holding guns. Police claimed they received a call around the time the rapper arrived at the bank that a man was trying to cash a forged check.
After realizing the mistake, Benson and his entourage were free to leave the scene. He told reporters he believes he was stopped due to his age and race.
11 Alive reports:
“They come bum rushing me at the car, put me on the ground, putting guns to my head, so I’m like ‘What I’d do,’” Benson said. “A lady was like I’m not supposed to have…$200,000 on me. I’m like, ‘I’m a millionaire. How can I not have $200,000 on me?’”
Benson explained he doesn’t use checks for payments, which is why he took out so much money to purchase a high-end vehicle.
APD Sgt. Warren Pickard released a statement confirming the incident and Benson’s innocence. Darnell Edward, the actual suspect who tried to cash a forged check for $24,000, was arrested and charged with a felony.
A spokesperson for Wells Fargo said they would investigate.
Blac Youngsta is signed to Collective Music Group with fellow Tennessee native Yo Gotti, who is also on his latest single, “Heavy.”
SOURCE: 11 Alive | VIDEO CREDIT: Instagram
21 Of President Barack Obama's Best Photos Of 2015
1. JANUARY: President Obama delivers the State of the Union address with the support of vice president Joe Biden. Obama gained mass support after his joke about winning both terms.Source:Getty 1 of 10
2. APRIL: President Obama arrives in Jamaica to meet with the 15-member Caribbean Community. His trip marked a first for the sitting president and second since the country's independence.Source:Getty 2 of 10
3. JUNE: President Obama and German Chancellor Angela Merkel are seen talking during the president's trip to the G7Summit in Bavaria, Germany.Source:Getty 3 of 10
4. JUNE: President Obama sings "Amazing Grace" during the eulogy for South Carolina state senator and Rev. Clementa Pinckney during Pinckney's funeral service. Clementa was one of the nine victims who died after suspected shooter Dylann Roof entered the AME church and opened fire.Source:Getty 4 of 10
5. SEPTEMBER: President Obama is featured on the popular show "Running Wild With Bear Grylls." Obama took the trip to highlight the importance of climate control.Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. SEPTEMBER: The First Couple serve as "love goals" at the White House's state dinner for Chinese President Xi Jinping and his wife Madame Peng Liyuan. Obama and Xi announced an agreement on controlling climate change and a mutual outlook on cyber security.Source:Getty 6 of 10
7. OCTOBER: President Obama meets with Ahmed Mohamed, the student who was detained by Texas police for his homemade clock. The president stood by the teen, who many believe was the victim of Islamophobia.Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. NOVEMBER: President Obama issues a warning to his critics who "pop off" at his policies towards Syrian refugees. Speaking at the OP 21 United Nations conference on climate change, Obama welcomed his Republican critics to the White House to lay down their own policies. No one has responded.Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. DECEMBER: President Obama addresses the public from the Oval Office regarding the San Bernardino shooting.Source:Getty 9 of 10
10. DECEMBER: All grown up! The First Family, including Obama's mother-in-law Marian Robinson, is seen at the White House's national Christmas tree lighting ceremony on Dec. 2.Source:Getty 10 of 10
Rapper Detained By Atlanta Police For Withdrawing $200K From Bank was originally published on newsone.com