Michael B. Jordan and Ryan Coogler have stormed the industry together and there’s no sign they plan to slow down anytime soon.
A producer, director, and screenwriter, Coogler hit the ground running with his first feature film, Fruitvale Station, starring Jordan in the lead role of the late Oscar Grant, who died at the hands of Oakland BART police. Since then, Coogler has gone on to cowrite and direct the seventh film in the Rocky series, Creed (which extends Rocky’s story), and Black Panther, in addition to serving as Executive Producer on Creed II. He also inked a Disney TV deal recently, announcing an upcoming Wakanda series.
ALSO: Coming 2 America | Fans Have Mixed Feelings About The Long-Anticipated Sequel
Now, Michael B. Jordan, who’s always been Coogler’s go-to leading man, is trying his hand at directing as they create Creed III together — and Coogler is psyched about his friend’s growth.
“The films of Sylvester Stallone’s Rocky franchise have always been important to me and my family. It was an honor to help bring the Creed franchise to life with Sly, Michael, Tessa, Irwin, and all the creative parties involved,” Coogler said in a statement. “I couldn’t be more thrilled to see Mike in the director’s chair on the third installment. The team at Proximity and I are excited about the story Keenan and Zach have crafted and can’t wait to help bring it to life.”
Jordan and Coogler’s commitment to telling Black stories, and changing the way Black families are seen in television and film, is inspiring. We salute them and can’t wait to tune into their next offerings. More photos below.
ALSO: Saweetie Talks Best Female Rap Bars EVER, Binge-Watching Insecure After A Breakup, & More With Issa Rae [Video]
1. Chocolate brown skin with the dimples.Source:Splash News
2. That’s a fine man.Source:Splash News
3. Natural-born ladies’ men.Source:Splash News
4. And they look good serious too.Source:Splash News
5. Mr. Coogler will see you now.Source:Splash News
6. They don’t make ’em like this anymore.Source:Splash News
7. God took her time, for sure.Source:WENN
8. Are we dreaming?Source:Splash News
9. We’ve got to be dreaming.Source:Splash News
10. Anything for you, Michael.Source:Splash News
11. #BeardGang.Source:Splash News
12. Pure hunkiness.Source:Getty
13. Lost in his eyes.Source:Getty
14. God bless America.Source:Splash News
15. You’ve got to love them!Source:WENN
Black History Month 2023: Today's Freedom Fighters
22 Memorable Nip Slips & Wardrobe Malfunctions You HAVE To See Now
20 Of Our Favorite Celebrity Nipples (NSFW PHOTOS)
Happy Eggplant Friday! Here Are 26 Celebrity D*ck Pics To Start Your Weekend
Ken Jeong, aka Mr. Chow, On What It's Like Showing His Small Winkie In "The Hangover 3"
"Naatu Naatu" Google Search Skyrockets After Historic Oscars Win But Fans Were Not Pleased With The "Brown Passing" Performance
I've Never Had A Twitter Account: Dave Chappelle Recounts His Hilarious "Beef" With Katt Williams
Solange Don't Play Bout Her Big Sis Beyoncé: Check Out This Hilarious Viral Story About The Knowles Family