She’s a little bit of country, and a little bit of R&B.
R&B singer and reality TV starlet K. Michelle is going country on her forthcoming new album. The Memphis native stopped by GlobalGrind’s offices to chat about her new Idris Elba-directed hip-hopera, K. Michelle: The Rebellious Soul Musical, which premiered last week on VH1.
During our time together, K. Michelle revealed she’s working on a collaboration with a major country music artist, and talked about being happy during the recording process of her new album. K. also dished about writing a self-help book and producing two new shows on VH1 with Mona Scott-Young.
And what’s a conversation with K. Michelle without talking about men? The “He Gets Me” songstress revealed she is currently dating, and she showed off a glittery new ring she received from her mystery bae.
K. Michelle’s new album title will be released in the upcoming weeks, along with her new single. Watch our exclusive interview with K. Michelle up top.
10 photos Launch gallery
1 of 10
1. Erica once again got herself in an altercation with Mama Dee.
2 of 10
2. K. Michelle is the queen of poppin' off.
3 of 10
3. Karlie Redd should have known K. Michelle was not the one.
4 of 10
4. Season 2 ended with a head-banging fight between Stevie J and Joseline Hernandez.
5 of 10
5. The battle of the big dawgs happened when Stevie J decided to call Erica out while at an event.
6 of 10
6. It was on and poppin' at Mama Dee's crib after Erica let Scrappy know she pawned the engagement ring he gave her earlier in the season.
7 of 10
7. We already know K. Michelle doesn't hold back.
8 of 10
8. The same night Stevie and Scrappy put the paws on each other, so did Erica and Joseline.
9 of 10
9. During a heated therapy session between Joseline, Stevie J., and Mimi, Joseline learns that Stevie is still living with Mimi.
10 of 10
10. Joseline lost her cool with Stevie's new artist Che Mack at the strip club.