The battle between Lil Wayne and Birdman is getting even more real every day, and the stakes on Wayne’s side have now increased.
While it was previously reported that the Sorry 4 The Wait 2 rapper was originally suing Baby and his label Cash Money for $8 million, Weezy is now asking to end his contract with the label, and filed a lawsuit for $51 million.
According to the lawsuit, obtained by TMZ, Wayne says Birdman and company violated the deal by withholding tens of millions of dollars Cash Money owes him for his long-delayed album, “Tha Carter V.”
Wayne claims because Cash Money is refusing to pay, he’s entitled to walk.
But Lil Wayne wants more than just a declaration of freedom. He’s suing for $51 MILLION.
And Wayne wants the judge to declare he’s the joint copyright owner of all Young Money recordings … which includes Drake, Nicki Minaj and several others.
The site also reports from sources that Weezy is willing to let Birdman release Carter V if he gets paid the original $8 million advanced he was owed when he started recording in December 2013, and the $2 million he would receive for completing it.
We hope these two can work things out peacefully, for the sake of their loyal Cash Money fans.
SOURCE: TMZ | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
17 Photos Of Lil Wayne & Birdman During Happier Times
12 photos Launch gallery
1. Because bros have each other's backs.
1 of 12
2. Because bros hit the stage together.
2 of 12
3. Because bros tell each other jokes.
3 of 12
4. Because bros pose for pics together.
4 of 12
5. Because bros style on 'em in photo shoots.
5 of 12
6. Because bros shine together.
6 of 12
7. Because bros give bros hugs.
7 of 12
8. Because bros squash the beef no matter what.
8 of 12
9. Because bros make hits together.
9 of 12
10. Because bros rap together.
10 of 12
11. Because bros endure boring events together.
11 of 12
12. Because bros give each other props.
12 of 12