Anja Rubik is one of today’s most sought after models, and she also happens to be good friends with Kanye West. Not only has she opened his first two runway shows, he also mentioned her in his song “Way Too Cold.”
In order to return the favor, Kanye helped Anja with the promotional video for the launch of her new magazine, 25.
Together with photographer and director Barnaby Roper, Kanye made a video dedicated to the issue’s theme of eroticism.
STORY: RUMOR HAS IT: Kanye May Debut Menswear Collection During Paris Fashion Week!
When Rubik was putting together the first issue of 25, she and West discussed how she wanted the magazine to approach sex.
“It’s funny. We talked about porn looks these days, and he agreed with me that there’s no porn out there that is beautiful aesthetically and integrates fashion to make a beautiful image,” she explained. “We were on the same page about a lot of things.”
He agreed to work with Roper in a video that explores some of the sensual imagery from the magazine.
“I thought it would be really interesting to make it seem like we were entering Kanye’s head,” Rubik said. “It’s not pornographic, but it’s very sensual.”
PHOTOS: Anja Rubik And Sasha Knezevi Ignite Vogue Germany
The video is definitely very “trippy” and unlike anything we have seen from Mr. West!
Check it out above!
Also On Global Grind:
10 photos Launch gallery
PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Jay Z, Beyonce, Usher, & More
1 of 10
1. Gwen Stefani takes her children to church, but if you look closely, one of them didn't think she was serious about leaving him behind.
2 of 10
2. Janelle Monae put on one hell of a show at the 9th Annual Clinton Global Citizen Awards event in NYC.
3 of 10
3. Johnny Knoxville gave his son Rocko a ride on his shoulders, while his daughter Arlo held onto his wallet chain through the busy Studio City Farmers Market.
4 of 10
4. John Legend is going to get some wings for dinner. Well, maybe not, but Chrissy Teigen did do some grocery shopping in L.A.
5 of 10
5. Chiwetel Ejiofor was spotted with his new girlfriend while leaving their hotel in NYC. Isn't she lovely?
6 of 10
6. Usher's new wife Grace Miguel leaves their hotel to hit up "The Martian" premiere in New York.
7 of 10
7. Christina Milian got a cupcake from a photographer for her birthday after going shopping in West Hollywood.
8 of 10
8. Usher leaves his NYC hotel with his wife shortly behind.
9 of 10
9. Beyonce flashed a smile after grabbing some pizza with her husband in Brooklyn.
10 of 10
10. Hov was on hand in BK as well.