Rappers are known to have many talents, but playing the piano isn’t typically one of them.
Mac Miller surprised many of his fans today when he released a dope ass cover of Stevie Wonder’s classic “Isn’t She Lovely?”
Not only was the Blue Slide Park rapper singing, but he was also playing the piano. This isn’t the first time Mac Miller has flexed his piano skills, but this is one of GlobalGrind’s favorite piano exhibitions from Mac.
Some of your favorite rappers can play the keys just as good as Alicia, so GlobalGrind decided to round up 10 rappers who can play the keys.
Check out the 9 other rappers besides Mac Miller who play the keys below!
1. Tyler, the Creator plays “Yonkers” on the piano
2. J.Cole plays “Lights Please” on the piano.
3. Drake practices a few new songs on the piano.
4. Kanye West plays the piano in his “Runaway” video. Yeezy also plays the piano often when producing a new record.
5. Dr. Dre’s ability to play the piano has become a staple in his music. Most Dr.Dre-produced tracks features the ringing of ivory keys.
6. Andre 3000 is a huge fan of jazz pianist Vince Guaraldi. The “Prototype” rapper can play every instrument from the guitar to the piano.
7. Compton rapper Kendrick Lamar is also pretty talented on the piano.
8. 2 Chainz surprised millions when he played his Based On A T.R.U. Story hit “I’m Different” on the piano at the 2012 BET Hip-Hop Awards.
9. Wu-Tang Clan frontman RZA is not only a rapper, but he’s also a producer, screenwriter, and pianist.