Guess what ladies and gentleman?
We’re just hours away from a government shutdown.
Which means a few things, but mostly that Republicans are playing political games with our lives like we have time for that. And take it from this lady:
This government shutdown could be crippling for our economy, middle class families (wait, does middle class even exist?), women, federal workers, the list goes on.
But Republicans don’t care. Their main concern is making sure Obamacare (which would actually be beneficial to all) is defunded. Which, in a nutshell means they’re trying to delay anything good that can come from Obama’s administration lest we actually like the healthcare reform.
(Which, btw people, Republicans actually like when it’s called the Affordable Health Care Act…even though it’s the SAME DAMN THING)
Anyway this would obviously mean they’ve been wrong about everything. And to avoid having to do this in front of the American people:
They’re acting like this…
So that they can get their way and make the government do this on Obama’s watch…
So instead of saving our government and letting Obamacare rock, they’d rather shut the whole shit down. Because that’s a brilliant fucking idea.
Nope. No one is interested in it. It’s the worst idea ever.
Yet the Republicans are all like…
Looking for a ransom for holding the government hostage. And Obama’s just like…
Because clearly the GOP is playing petty games right now. Because that’s not the only thing they’re asking for.
According to Think Progress, here’s a full list of their demands. Because they think this is a movie or some shit.
2. Approving Keystone XL
3. Eliminating funding for Planned Parenthood
4. Medicare privatization
5. Tax reform, as outlined by Paul Ryan
6. The REINS Act, which would require Congress to approve significant federal regulations
7. Means-testing Social Security
8. Defunding Obamacare
9. Allowing employers to eliminate insurance coverage for birth control
10. An expansion of off-shore drilling
11. Preserving all the Bush tax cuts
12. “Trillions” in budget cuts
13. Slashing funding for food stamps
14. Protecting mountaintop strip mining
15. Stripping the EPA of authority to regulate greenhouse gases
16. Loosening regulation on coal ash
17. Delaying Obamacare implementation by one year
18. Repealing a tax on medical devices
19. Eliminating Social Service Block Grants
20. Expanding drilling on federal lands
21. Restricting the child tax credit
In other words…PETTY. They’re willing to hurt American people to prove their stupid point.
Which makes our elected officials this…
Welcome to America.
SOURCE: Think Progress | PHOTO CREDIT: Giphy, Getty