Source: Christopher Polk / Getty
This past April,
‘s tour bus was shot at by Lil Wayne Jimmy Carlton Winfrey, and was later given a 20-year prison sentence.
While many thought
that the case was closed, it looks like new details are surfacing, as Winfrey reportedly plans to appeal the sentencing, despite pleading guilty to the charges.
, the documents for the appeal were filed on December 18th, which will appeal his sentence, as well as his plea. HipHopDX
The site reports,
“In November, Winfrey was sentenced to 10 years in prison and 10 years probation on six charges, which were all gang-related.”
Winfrey wanted his charges thrown out, since rappers
and Young Thug were named in the indictment, but did not receive any charges. Birdman
SOURCE: HipHopDX | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
17 Photos Of Lil Wayne & Birdman During Happier Times
12 photos Launch gallery
1. Because bros have each other's backs.
1 of 12
2. Because bros hit the stage together.
2 of 12
3. Because bros tell each other jokes.
3 of 12
4. Because bros pose for pics together.
4 of 12
5. Because bros style on 'em in photo shoots.
5 of 12
6. Because bros shine together.
6 of 12
7. Because bros give bros hugs.
7 of 12
8. Because bros squash the beef no matter what.
8 of 12
9. Because bros make hits together.
9 of 12
10. Because bros rap together.
10 of 12
11. Because bros endure boring events together.
11 of 12
12. Because bros give each other props.
12 of 12