In honor of
Day, celebrities from all around the world gathered in Harlem, New York, on Monday for a very special program. Martin Luther King, Jr.
#MLKNow is a program hosted by Blackout for Human Rights and the Campaign for Black Male Achievement, being held at Harlem’s Riverside Church — the same church where Dr. King gave his famously powerful speech, “Beyond Vietnam: A Time to Break Silence.”
Celebrities such as
and Chris Rock, J. Cole, Michael B. Jordan were all present to show their support for the late Civil Rights leader. Octavia Spencer Creed director along with Ryan Coogler, Creed actress , publisher Tessa Thompson , Arab-American Association of New York executive director Rahiel Tesfamariam , Million Hoodies Movement for Justice executive director Linda Sarsour , filmmaker and Sakofa.org co-director Dante Barry hosted a panel discussion during the program. Gina Belafonte
The program also featured moving speeches from some of today’s most prominent activists along with the reading of Dr. King’s work.
If you weren’t able to attend the event, no fear, watch the livestream
SOURCE: Miss Info | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
The Best Black Twitter Moments Of 2015
19 photos Launch gallery
1. The Michael Jordan crying meme was probably the most used on all of Black Twitter.
1 of 19
2. #AskRachel was definitely one of the worst, but most hilarious, trending topics.
2 of 19
3. The #Flotusbars were some of the best to hit the web.
3 of 19
4. Drake vs. Meek was so epic, that Drizzy used the memes in his OVO Fest performance.
4 of 19
5. Caitlyn Jenner shocked the whole world when she made her debut.
5 of 19
6. ...and then the Meek and Nicki "conversations" emerged.
6 of 19
7. The #KylieJennerLipChallenge was a thing that should never have been a thing.
7 of 19
8. The #FutureHive was in full effect all over Black Twitter.
8 of 19
9. Riley Curry became the greatest of all time through the power of Black Twitter, and her cuteness.
9 of 19
10. Black Twitter can't get enough of The Weeknd's hair.
10 of 19
11. There isn't much you CAN'T do with Drake's "Hotline Bling" video.
11 of 19
12. Patti's pies became a huge sensation for Thanksgiving this year.
12 of 19
13. Oh, sad Michael. How you know everything we feel?
13 of 19
14. C'mon guys, LeBron just wants to experiment with his fashion choices.
14 of 19
15. If you haven't heard a "what are thoooose?" joke yet, consider yourself lucky.
15 of 19
16. Future became everyone's Lord and Savior.
16 of 19
17. Steve Harvey may never live the Miss Universe incident down.
17 of 19
18. 'Empire' caught the fade of tons of memes this year.
18 of 19
19. We're still waiting on A$AP Ferg's #fourthcoming album.
19 of 19