The Nintendo 3DS has generated both excitement and speculation. GlobalGrind is here to give you the five things you need to know about the device. The Nintendo 3DS is the first of its kind, giving gamers a unique 3-D gaming experience.
1. The device delivers a real 3-D gaming experience for each individual player. If you are positioned to the left or the right of the viewing area, then the screen will appear blurry.
2. The 3DS has a built-in camera, which can support picture taking, as well as interactive gaming involving the individual’s environment.
3. Nintendo has already released about 16 games for the new system, including popular games like “Madden Football,” “Lego Star Wars III,” “Super Street Fighter IV,” “The Sims 3” and “Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars.”
4. The device is lighter than the DSi model and currently available in two different colors.
5. The 3DS will cost you approximately $250 and the video games themselves are $30.
After the break, check out more images of the Nintendo 3DS.
The 3DS has a stereoscopic screen which gives objects within the game a feeling of space and depth.
The 3DS comes in two colors, including black and blue.
“Resident Evil: The Mercenaries,” available later this spring, is one of the many games for the 3DS.
Switching between 3D and 2D is a cinch, all you have to do is move the built-in slider.