Little Kameria finally got her wish to meet President Barack Obama on Easter Sunday. The seven-year-old went viral after she was captured on camera shedding tears about the end of Obama’s presidency.
Back in February, Kameria Chayten was devastated to hear from her grandmother that her favorite president was leaving office next year. The honor student promised to write a letter to Obama, expressing her interest in meeting him before his last day in the White House.
It looks like it was worth it, because the administration posted a video to Facebook documenting their encounter. Obama, who shares a birthday with Kameria, enjoyed a few laughs with the first-grader before commending her on her education.
Via ABC News:
In the video, the president and first lady pose for a picture with Kameria and her family, and she tells him she is working hard in school. Obama responds with, “You’ve got to be a reader now.”
We’re thrilled Kameria got her wish!
SOURCE: ABC News | VIDEO CREDIT: Facebook, Inform
President Obama's Historic Trip To Cuba In Photos
1. President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama attend a state dinner in CubaSource:Getty 1 of 11
2. President Castro with first lady Michelle Obama and President Barack ObamaSource:Getty 2 of 11
3. President Obama And President Castro Talk At An Exhibition Baseball GameSource:Getty 3 of 11
4. The First Family Arrives In CubaSource:Getty 4 of 11
5. First Lady Michelle Obama and President Barack Obama Arrive In Cuba On Air Force OneSource:Getty 5 of 11
6. The First Family Deplanes In CubaSource:Getty 6 of 11
7. Obama Arrives In Old Havana In The RainSource:Getty 7 of 11
8. Cuba Prepares For President Barack Obama's ArrivalSource:Getty 8 of 11
9. President Barack Obama Greets The Press In CubaSource:Getty 9 of 11
10. President Barack Obama Greets The Press In CubaSource:Getty 10 of 11
11. Cuban President Barack Obama SupporterSource:Getty 11 of 11
President Obama Meets Little Girl Who Cried About Him Leaving Office was originally published on newsone.com