It seems like only yesterday we were introduced to the Obama family — and now Sasha, the youngest Obama daughter, is all growed up. Today, Sasha celebrates her 19th birthday, and though it isn’t under the best circumstances, we’re here to celebrate her grace and beauty.
When our Forever First Lady dropped her daughter off at college, reportedly the University of Michigan last year, she told the media it was an emotional moment.
ALSO: Young King! 9-Year-Old Kenyan Boy Receives Presidential Award For Building Hand-Washing Device During COVID-19 Pandemic
“Time just goes so fast,” she said in an interview with People. “But like so many experiences in the last 10 years, we wanted to make it feel as normal as possible, given our family’s circumstances.”
“It was of course a little emotional to drop Sasha off at college… It’s an adjustment to see each other for a weekend here, a holiday break there, but the moments we do spend together feel extra special because of it,” FLOTUS added, saying the family was there to help Sasha unpack and make sure her dorm felt like home. “But by and large, we let her take care of herself,” she continued. “As a parent, one of the most important things we can give our children is the freedom to find their own way in the world.”
It certainly does feel like Sasha and her big sis Malia grew up overnight, but like Mrs. Obama mentioned, it’s been over 10 years. Proof in the adorable photos below.
1. How cute are they?!
2. Too sweet.
3. The Obamas hang out with Oprah.
4. Campaigning at the Iowa State Fair.Source:Getty
5. Sasha has spoken, people!Source:Getty
6. The Obama family distributes food at Martha’s Table.Source:Getty
7. Sasha and Malia play with Bo.Source:Getty
8. Stepping off Marine One.Source:Getty
9. Sasha looks on as her dad pardons the Thanksgiving turkey.Source:Getty
10. Just the two of us.Source:Getty
11. All laughs.Source:Getty
12. Looking sharp!Source:Getty
13. Getting taller!Source:Getty
14. President Obama hosts the Annual Easter Egg Roll.Source:Getty
15. Sasha’s smile lights up the room.Source:Getty
16. Look at that sweet face.Source:Getty
17. Who do you think she looks like more, mom or dad?Source:Getty
19. Sisterly love.Source:Getty
20. Always dressed to impress.Source:Getty
21. The Obamas attend the National Christmas Tree Lighting.Source:Getty
22. The Obama ladies!
23. Studious as ever.
24. Happy Birthday Sasha and here’s to many more!
Meet The 2023 McDonald's Black & Positively Golden Change Leaders
WTF! Bashid McLean Poses For A Photo With His Mother's Decapitated Head! (PHOTOS)
Lauryn Hill, Method Man, Summer Walker, Jeezy & Many More Tore Down The Stage At Mary J. Blige's Strength of a Woman Festival & Summit
22 Memorable Nip Slips & Wardrobe Malfunctions You HAVE To See Now
They're Not Babies Anymore: Our Favorite Celebrity Kids 2023 Prom Photos [Gallery]
The 15 Most Sexually Explicit & Down Right Nasty Songs Of All Time (LIST)
Happy Eggplant Friday! Here Are 26 Celebrity D*ck Pics To Start Your Weekend
20 Of Our Favorite Celebrity Nipples (NSFW PHOTOS)