It's been a few days since Hurricane Sandy ravaged the East Coast, but many people in New Jersey and New York City still have no electricity.
There are also people who have electricity in these areas, but are virtually trapped in their homes, due to an extreme gas shortage and very limited public transportation throughout the Tri-State area.
So GlobalGrind got to thinking about all the things East Coasters can do to keep sane in a time of insanity. From playing an endless game of Monopoly to a little bumping and grinding, GlobalGrind thought of it all.
Check out the 10 ways to stay sane while you're either powerless or trapped on your borough below!
1. Have Sex- We don't see nothing wrong with a little bump and grind. Plus we can't really think of a better way to pass the time when there's a black out or when you can't go anywhere because there's no public transit or gas.
2. Board Games- Dust off your Monopoly and pull out the Mall Madness. When you have cabin fever, board games are a Godsend, and let's be honest, Monopoly isn't a quick game to play. The longest Monopoly game ever reported lasted a whopping 70 days.
3. Watch The Six Seasons of Sex & The City- Once you watch the very first episode of Sex & The City where Carrie Bradshaw rocked horrible hair and actually talked to the camera, you'll be hooked.
4. Drinking Games- Shots, shots, shots! Getting drunk turns your life from dull to crunk. Gather a few of your friends and go head-to-head in a friendly game of flip cup, kings, or old faithful, beer pong.
5. Write your 5-year plan- Obviously this isn't as fun as number one and four, but it's probably the most constructive. Think about your life and write down where you want to be in five years, hopefully, there won't be any mention of a hurricane.
6. Play Hide And Seek- Playing hide and seek is most fun in the dark. If you're living in a house that currently has no power, gather up your family and play a friendly game of hide and seek.
7. 7 Minutes In Heaven- Every teenager has probably suffered through the very awkward game of 7 minutes in heaven. Why not spend 7 minutes of your day in heaven?
8. Have Sex Again- Sex is fun. Sex is really fun when they are no lights. Sex is really, really fun when you're trapped in the house. Sex is really, really, really fun when you have nothing else to do.
9. Volunteer- On a more serious note, there were hundreds of thousands of people displaced by Hurricane Sandy. If you were fortunate to be unaffected by Hurricane Sandy's wrath, dedicate your day to helping others in need.
10. Play Temple Run- Temple Run is like heaven when there isn't much to do. Play Temple Run until carpel tunnel cripples your thumbs.