The Daily Grind Video
CLOSE

A woman in London had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day after discovering the nightmare of all nightmares when a bunch of spiders hatched in the banana she was preparing to eat.

Yep. That happened.

Consi Taylor, 29, was about to consume the banana when she noticed little white spots on the fruit.

“I thought it was mold,” she said. “But when I had a closer look I saw some funny looking spots…and was horrified to see they were spiders. They were hatching out on the table, scurrying around on my carpet.”

The arachnids turned out to be the worst kind — the highly aggressive and venomous Brazilian wandering spider (or banana spider). They have been certified as “the most toxic” by Guinness World Records and they were all over Taylor’s house.

She returned the bananas to the Sainsbury supermarket where she purchased them and the store offered her $16 for her troubles.

But after sending a photograph of the spider to a pest control specialist, she was informed to get out of dodge and not return to the home until it was thoroughly fumigated.

According to Gawker, the store offered to pay for the clean-up.

Sainsbury’s subsequently offered to pay the full cost of the extermination, as well as pick up the tab at the hotel where the Taylors were temporarily put up.

The supermarket chain apologized for the incident, but insisted it has “rigorous controls on imported products at all stages” which significantly reduce the instances of killer spiders bursting from bananas and attacking patrons.

But that still hasn’t done much to quell Taylor’s new fear of bananas. Or ours.

SOURCE: Gawker | PHOTO CREDIT: Screengrab