The Daily Grind Video
CLOSE

Well, we’ve never heard this one before.

A teenager from Maine recently suffered burns after her iPhone caught fire inside of her pants while it was in her back pocket.

According to USA Today, the girl was sitting down in class with the phone in her back pocket, when she all of a sudden  she heard a popping sound and then noticed smoke coming out of her pants.

As burns surfaced on her leg, the young woman was forced to ditch her pants once they let the male students out of the classroom.

The girl was covered with a blanket before being taken to a nearby hospital, but fortunately was released shortly after. Authorities say that the phone suffered a battery shortage when the teen sat down, which is what caused it to catch fire.

An official said:

“People should obviously use caution when placing their phones in their back pockets so as not to crush them and cause an electrical short.”

Yikes! We hope she’s doing okay and her burns aren’t too serious.

SOURCE: USA Today | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty

Shooter Opens Fire In Oregon Mall, Kills Two (PHOTOS)
Global Grind Logo G
0 photos