Though Solo has been with her man for about six years now, in typical Knowles fashion, she’s kept all the deets of her relationship to herself. In honor of their upcoming nuptials, here’s a list of everything we know about Solo’s soon-to-be husband.
1) He’s from the South, just like his future wife.
Solange hails from Houston, Texas, while Alan is from Richmond, Virginia.
2) He is older than Solange.
Alan was born on August 5, 1963, while Solange was born on June 24, 1986, making the couple’s age difference 22 years.
3) He’s been directing for a minute.
Alan directed the remix of 112’s “Only You,” which featured B.I.G & Mase.
4) And also Beyonce’s “Party” & “Dance For You” videos, for which he and Bey won the 2012 BET Award for “Best Video Directors.”
5) He gets along quite well with the Knowles clan.
When the Carters went down South to visit Solo and her fam, Alan could be seen chit-chatting with Blue Ivy.
…and sharing a laugh with Jay Z and Solange’s son Julez
6) He’s into art.
7) Just like his fashionista bride-to-be, Alan has his own cool style.
8) And every once in a while, he likes to match his lady’s fly.
9) He’s not on social media.
There is not a single Twitter, Instagram, or website belonging to the director.
10) Though the couple is super private, Solo can’t help but gush at times.
In a 2012 interview with Vulture, the soon-to-be newlywed spoke about how she and her beau hooked-up.
“We had a lot of mutual friends who were all putting little buggies in each other’s ear,” Solange revealed.
Congratulations to the happy couple.
PHOTO CREDIT: Instgram, Getty